Favorite chicken recipe

Options
MamaRandall
MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
I would love to get more ideas on chicken! We eat a lot of chicken breasts at our house, but now I am running out of ideas on what to do with them!!!. So, I would like to know what YOUR favorite recipe is with chicken. Preferably something quick and easy, as I am always on the go... However, I never fry, and very rarely will I bread it.... I will start with one I just tried out last night to share.

3 cut up chicken breasts, cooked on low with montreal chicken seasoning, paprika, and a dash of ground red pepper and olive oil
Shredded it and put it on a WW mini bun with mustard, tomatoe, avacado, and romaine lettuce

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    cut up 4 chicken breasts into chunks
    put in bottom of 8x8 casserole
    cover with sliced swiss cheese
    spread 1 can of cream of chicken/mushroom/celery soup over top
    put a single layer of croutons all over top of soup
    bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes

YUM.

Serve with broccoli and rice.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute favorite!!!!

Rhapsody in Bleu
    Warm chicken wrapped around melted cheese and juicy ham that won't break the calorie bank!? Sign us up...

Ingredients:
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
    1 oz. (about 3 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices
    salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can, carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu (entire recipe)
    Calories: 222
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 692mg
    Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 40g

POINTS® value 5*
  • carolechisholm
    Options
    I have a recipe similar to the ones already posted, I top the chicken with mushroom soup (low sodium) dilute with a little water, swiss cheese and top with stuffing mix (precooked )
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dutchliz
    dutchliz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Quite similar to the previous one but I love chicken breast stuffed with fresh basil, low fat cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes (the ones in oil are best as 'dry dried' can be....dry!) and wrapped in parma ham. It is so easy - pound out the chicken like before, mix all ingredients (basil, cream cheese and a couple of chopped up sun dried tomatoes) and spread them over the chicken. Roll up the chicken breast in a slice of parma ham, Bake in oven for about half an hour at 180.

It's super filling so you can serve it with veggies like broccoli, carrots and peas - doubt you'd need any carby potatoes as the cheese really does fill you up, so great for a light evening dinner.

yum!

Others:
    -Coq au Vin is one of my absolute favourites. It's easy because it all goes in one pan which saves on the washing up too. Haven't got a recipe to hand but there are loads online.
    -Grilled chicken salad
    -Chicken skewers with red onion, pepper, mushrooms and courgettes. Really healthy and you can put them under the grill. Serve with some cous cous or a salad.
    -Cajun chicken
    -Quite naughty but chicken in white wine, single cream and mustard sauce is very tasty with rice....
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump!
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump