I binged on 2,500cal!

Options
As the title says i binged on an excessive amount of calories, it started of with tea and then i was craving pasta and then i wanted something sweet anyway long story short i'm 2500 over my daily allowance.

My question is what do i do?

Fast for maybe 2 days?
Up my exercise is a given but by how much? like twice what i normally do?
Is it worth working out tonight?

I will learn from this. I usually plan my meals to fit my macros/cals and today i defrosted the wrong meat and it kind of threw me off in a massive way.

It's the first time since starting that I've over eaten and I'm kind of panicked that this is the beginning of the end.

Replies

• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    try better tommorrow
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Don't let it knock you off track! If this is the first time it's been this bad in over a year you have made a lot of progress. Get back on track tomorrow and forget this day ever happened. Stay focused and maybe drink a little more water and work out a little longer in the next couple of days. It will be alright if you don't let one mistake day undo many well-done days!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Try to relax. You're not gonna get fat overnight. And fasting won't undo it.

Just start over tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better, exercise more for a day or two.
  • jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Put it down to experience! Learn from it and move on!
    Maybe try to burn a bit more through exercise and make sure not to go over for the next couple of days, but don't fast, don't burn yourself out, and don't beat yourself up! You might not lose, or might not lose as much, this week, but as long as it's not a frequent occuance, all will be well in the long term.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Forget fasting tomorrow - that will do you more harm than good - you will be more likely to binge again. Tomorrow go completely back to normal. That is all. Sometimes putting your calories up super high can jolt your metabolism into overdrive and you may be lucky and see a big loss later in the week if you go back to normal for the rest of the week. It sure has happened to me plenty of times before. Good luck, and fasting is not the answer.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Accept it and move on - you can't undo it, so as you say, learn from it and don't do it again.
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My advice...take a deep breath...know where the 'mistake' was...and get yourself back on track. Dont fast or starve yourself. If you want to up your excerise to cut back on the overage...do so..but not to the detrmite of your physical or mental health. I would just enjoy the rest of the day ..and tommorrow...get right back on track. Dont let it bring you down.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Just eat normally tomorrow. No need to punish yourself - that's planting the seed for yo-yo dieting. Your body will thank you.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's not the beginning of the end unless you let this event derail your efforts. Just accept what happened and move on. I'm sure we've all been there in one way or another. I wouldn't beat yourself up and fast, just maybe keep the calories cut back the rest of the week, drinks lots of water to flush out sodium bloat, and exercise. Don't give up because of it.
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't fast it's almost like your punishing yourself, just brush it off and carry on at normal with abit of exercise threw in for good measure.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It's just one day, consider it an 'off' day or a 'cheat' day and be back on track tomorrow :) Not a big deal!
  • Foxxyfiercefitness
    Foxxyfiercefitness Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    First, stop panicking. It's only the beginning of the end if you let it be. Yes, still workout if you can and start fresh tomorrow. Like they say, it's a journey...this was just small bump in the road.
  • Ogirl07
    Ogirl07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, tomorrow is another day! If you are craving something, eat it, maybe just eat less of it next time :) Do your usual workout, drink plenty of water, and keep a positive attitude.

No one became obese from one 2500 calorie binge.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water.

Work out a little extra and/or eat a little less for a few days if you want, but 2500 calories over your goal is probably 1500-2000 over maintenance which is like a half pound of a gain, tops, so don't go overboard trying to limit yourself or overtrain or you'll just end up binging again.

Learn to recognize what causes you to binge and develop strategies to keep it from happening/stop it at the start. If this is a regular problem for you you might want professional help.

Do better tomorrow.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I still struggle with binges (just check out a random weekend from my diary). Like everyone else has said learn and move one.
    I do a 24 hr fast most Mondays to kind of reset from my weekends. Helps balance out the binges and gets me back on track.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    As the title says i binged on an excessive amount of calories, it started of with tea and then i was craving pasta and then i wanted something sweet anyway long story short i'm 2500 over my daily allowance.

My question is what do i do?

Fast for maybe 2 days?
    Up my exercise is a given but by how much? like twice what i normally do?
    Is it worth working out tonight?

I will learn from this. I usually plan my meals to fit my macros/cals and today i defrosted the wrong meat and it kind of threw me off in a massive way.

It's the first time since starting that I've over eaten and I'm kind of panicked that this is the beginning of the end.

I binged a little bit a couple of days ago. I still went to the gym on my regular schedule. Since then I've been over my calories by several hundered each day -- below my TDEE but above my current goal for losing weight at a reasonable pace. I am making sure that I am getting plenty of healthy foods so that I won't repeat the binge cycle. For me, binges are caused by biochemical imbalance, and the solution is to eat protein, complex carbs, and lots of veggies.

Fasting never worked for me.

Upping my exercise never worked for me.

In other words, continue on like it didn't happen. Focus on what you are doing right instead of what you did wrong.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I went for supper with a friend I hadn't seen for 20 years last night. Ordered a pasta dish and a beer. Got home and plugged in my food only to find out my little bowl of pasta with mushrooms and chicken was 1777 cals!!!! Shoot!

OH WELL..........................Today I make better choices but eat I will! :flowerforyou:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of things that you enjoy or you are just aiming for failure.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Calories happen. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Get back on track and keep moving forward.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yeah NBD... dont freeak out or anything, just count it as a cheat day... tomorrow its business as usual dont fast or anything, if anything, just put a little more into your workout.