2»

Replies

• DisputedEnds
    Options
    Your still at a deficit?
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Go workout tonight. The binge has passed, accept it and move on as usual. I also used to beat myself up, punish myself and sabotage my efforts. Reading posts by others helped me to calm down and not freak out if I had a small setback. Just pick up and keep it moving. Once I let myself off the hook that one time and continued on as normal, I find I don't binge nearly as much.

I also got into a planned solution that works for me....gave myself a day a week where I can eat what i want and not log. If I binge that day, fine. A lot of times, i'll just end up having one really good meal I like, a good dessert and that's it (this meal would probably be about 2500-3000 calories). I like fried chicken, chinese buffet, etc. I'm still losing.
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a miss step. It happens. Guilt is never the solution. Don't fast or anything like that either. That will just hurt your body.

Tomorrow start again.
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Learn from it, forgive yourself, and move on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    chalk it up to experience...learn from it...move on. this has to be about lifestyle...or as I like to call it, good livin'. Good livin' isn't about the minutia of one day or isolated events.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's the first time since starting that I've over eaten and I'm kind of panicked that this is the beginning of the end.

It's only the beginning of the end if you let it. Exercise a little more, but not necessarily double. Don't overdo it to the point that you are too sore to keep your regular routine. Then just let it go. What's done can't be undone. You control your future. Do better in it.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    As the title says i binged on an excessive amount of calories, it started of with tea and then i was craving pasta and then i wanted something sweet anyway long story short i'm 2500 over my daily allowance.

My question is what do i do?

Fast for maybe 2 days?
    Up my exercise is a given but by how much? like twice what i normally do?
    Is it worth working out tonight?

I will learn from this. I usually plan my meals to fit my macros/cals and today i defrosted the wrong meat and it kind of threw me off in a massive way.

It's the first time since starting that I've over eaten and I'm kind of panicked that this is the beginning of the end.

you cant get fat overnight. dont try to over compensate by fasting..just go back to your regular routine the next day. if youre in this for the long haul, this is going to happen MANY times and you have to learn how to handle it.
  • igotthatsunshine
    igotthatsunshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't panic....... take a deep breath and relax. What's done is done... more important than trying to "erase" it is to reflect on why it happened and come up with a plan to prevent it from happening again. Tomorrow is not only another day... it is another day to do better than you did the day before....

good luck
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, 2,500 definitely isn't a light day, but it isn't *that* much. Fasting for the next couple days would likely backfire on you. I would take everyone's advice and just eat healthy and light tomorrow, lots of water, fresh veggies, your favorite fruits, a good source of lean protein. :heart:
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    FORGIVE YOUR SELF, THINK OF CREATIVE WAYS TO BURN THE EXTRA CALORIES, EAT NORMALLY. MOVE ON. YOU DID NOT GAIN ALL THE EXCESS WEIGHT DUE TO ONE MEAL, AND ONE MEAL WON'T BLOW YOUR SUCCESS UNLESS YOU GET DISCOURAGED AND GIVE UP!!!! KEEP FIGHTING!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fasting for two days would be counter-productive and your energy levels and blood sugar would bottom out. I don't think that's the answer. If it were me, I would try to eat lighter for a few days, but say, keep the calories at 1200 a day and restrict carbs and sodium. That way, you will not retain any water.
    Dont look upon it as a failure - we all go there from time to time. If you exercise hard, then eat back the exercise calories. You still have to fuel your body each day to cope with what you're doing.
    Good luck - just get back on the wagon tomorrow. One day never killed a diet.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Game over.

But seriously.... continue on as normal and act as if it didn't happen...
  • jaq_attaq
    jaq_attaq Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I can so relate to your situation! That said, the best advice I ever got about trying to eat healthy (especially as a binge eater) was to EAT. THE. NEXT. MEAL. That's it.

The fastest way to get back on track after a binge is to eat your next, healthy meal as if the binge didn't happen. Sure you'll be over your calories -- you would be anyway -- but at least you'll also be getting protein/fibers/fruits-n-veggies in your system vs. all binge food. For me "eating the next meal" also mentally resets my frame of mind to be back on track in my non-bingey healthy eating mode.

Hope that helps. Good luck to you! Sounds like you've been doing great so far so don't beat yourself up too much about this one blip. : )