40% carbs (250g)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    25g or less
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Varies, I've had a 100g day this week and a 250g, as long as my day has a decent amount of protein and a decent energy gap in it I'm good.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Roughly about 150-180g

Marcos set at 40/40/20

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ~10%
    You aren't going to get any sort of consensus. It's much more likely you'll see a fight about how many carbs people should be eating, according to other people.

true story... i usually am around 40% when bulking and %30 when cutting... this is only if im in a heavy lifting phase... cardio phases in at 40%.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Still playing with the totals for weight loss. The Dr. said to stay under 100, this week I am trying to stay around 50, and will see how it goes. I am diabetic so the carbs are a major factor for me.
  • martingilbert104
    Options
    Some really low carb values getting put on here. Low carb dieting is a complete myth.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I try and get between 50g - 150g...mostly around the 100g mark.

Yep this has been about ideal for me. However know I work out 5 times a week for at least an hour to an hour half every day...days I don't work out I keep my carbs at about 75.

If I eat less carbs I feel weak and if I eat more I feel sugar doped...and unable to work out well.

No one overweight needs a lot of carbs...the energy is sitting on your body, use it, that is my belief. Also regardless of the carb addicts here who say eat all you want it is no big deal, if you are seriously over weight and you do excessive junk carbs you are on your way to metabolic resistance (pre-diabetes and type 2), just about every doctor out there will confirm this and tell you to reduce your carbs.
  • martingilbert104
    Options
    That's a really good macro split. :-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Some really low carb values getting put on here. Low carb dieting is a complete myth.

you a doctor now? are you aware of what goes on in my pre-menopausal body? didn't think so...
  • martingilbert104
    Options
    Roughly about 150-180g

Marcos set at 40/40/20

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

That's a really good macro split :-)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    40-70g

I try to space it out throughout the day...plus I focus on veggies, chicken, and fruit. Smaller meals for me:drinker:
  • martingilbert104
    Options

you a doctor now? are you aware of what goes on in my pre-menopausal body? didn't think so...

Oh sorry.. Was I referring directly to you? No. No need for attitude. Plus I've scanned back and yours isn't low so what's your problem?
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As many as I can.

Since people like numbers, today's goal is 375 but that's before tonights run so maybe closer to 500. Mmmm...carbs.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    approx. 50 % of total calories. 200-230 g... (feeling a little bit like its set too high now reading through these other posts!)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Goals are set to 25% carbs, 25% protein and 50% fat, which works out to 109/109/97. But, if I break 100 on protein and stay under 125 on carbs (including 20+ grams of fiber) I consider it a successful day.

It's not so much that I'm shooting for "low carb" or any specific carb goal because I think it's going to help me lose weight inherently (any true low carb dieter will tell you that below <125 isn't going to get you any of the supposed benefits of low carb dieting), but keeping my carbs low-ish just helps me keep my snacking/grazing/"empty" calories/grain intake in check and helps make sure I reach my protein goals (easier to get all your protein in when you've got a broad fat allowance than tightly restricted fat allowances).
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    While I'm trying to avoid fulfilling the prediction that this will turn in to a debate, I must say you're right, low carb dieting is a myth. It tends to be more of a lifestyle change IMO
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    20 - 30g daily, and yes I'm *****y.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    target 45 or so, but averaging 60 grams (net grams grams of carbs minus fiber).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Oh sorry.. Was I referring directly to you? No. No need for attitude. Plus I've scanned back and yours isn't low so what's your problem?

I was advocating for everyone doing Low Carb. I did it, after two years of busting my @ss, it's the one thing that finally worked. Because someone is eating 30g of carbs, doesn't mean it's "low" for them. Let them try it, see if it works, make sure the doctor knows what's happening, but it's not necessarily wrong.