fit shaming...

Options
is no better than fat shaming or skinny shaming. So, let's just stop all body shaming. It's ridiculous. Instead, let's all get our body where we are happy and comfortable with and not worry about the next gal or guy.

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Word!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

It's a shame there's so much shaming. If you're being shamed (for whatever reason), just ignore it. It's about the best and only thing you can do.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    :heart: I agree, I'll never understand why others feel the need to put others down
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    :heart: I agree, I'll never understand why others feel the need to put others down

you and me both...
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I'll just go with~
    Puffyheart I've been meanin to tell you that you are beautiful. I love your profile pic and it inspires me to work hard.
    Options
    I'll just go with~
    Puffyheart I've been meanin to tell you that you are beautiful. I love your profile pic and it inspires me to work hard.

that was really very sweet of you. Thank you!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

It's a shame there's so much shaming. If you're being shamed (for whatever reason), just ignore it. It's about the best and only thing you can do.

:heart:

And one for puffy :heart:
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Shaming is just the nature of life sadly. Everyone wants to be above the next so shaming of body, money,race etc is sadly done. But happiness with one's self really is key.
    Options

:heart:

And one for puffy :heart:

:love: :heart:
    Options
    Shaming is just the nature of life sadly. Everyone wants to be above the next so shaming of body, money,race etc is sadly done. But happiness with one's self really is key.

its really not, actually. Only insecure people body shame.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Your welcome. There was a thread not to long ago where you actually had to defend your fit profile pic and it really didn't sit well with me.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    is no better than fat shaming or skinny shaming. So, let's just stop all body shaming. It's ridiculous. Instead, let's all get our body where we are happy and comfortable with and not worry about the next gal or guy.

quoted for awesomeness!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Options

quoted for awesomeness!

thanks love!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I feel "fit shamed" all the time. I get people implying I don't work or such, saying "I wish I had time to look like that". Or that I am just lucky, with comments like, "must be nice to have that metabolism".
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I feel "fit shamed" all the time. I get people implying I don't work or such, saying "I wish I had time to look like that". Or that I am just lucky, with comments like, "must be nice to have that metabolism".

That's a shame.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Holy smokes. Legs for days you have.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, I always thought your pic was of a famous model 'puffy', I didn't know it was real, congrats on your totally fit body!

Fit shaming and the constant "eat a cheeseburger", are well meaning and I don't mind them as I find it to be a complimented, back-handed or not.

I hate when really out of shape people pick on you though, in a mean derogatory way. They're just jealous.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Very well said, OP. It's easier to shake it off if you have self confidence, but no one should try to build themselves up by tearing others down.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Very well said, OP. It's easier to shake it off if you have self confidence, but no one should try to build themselves up by tearing others down.

Agreed.

We really shouldn't be so hung up on other people's appearance. You never know who struggles with body image issues.