Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    At least 180 g.

Usually real close to 200 g.

Nomz.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    just over 200g right now set at 45% of total calories.

just had 40g at breakfast post workout due to an early session today.

usually have most of my daily quota in the evening though.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I average around 150 grams per day with lots of pasta, potatoes, and bread. I love how a deficit can (and for me DOES) include my favorite foods, keeps me healthy, and never takes away my favorite foods while I continue to drop body fat fast. :drinker:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Carb-o-holic here. I don't track carbs directly, but my murrent macro (C-P-F) goals are 50-20-30. I will be starting stregth training this summer and will gradually increase protein to 30%. At that end of that cycle, my ratios will probably be either 40-30-30 or 45-30-25.
    I just went back and looked at my first complete diary entry on MFP and I was 63-15-22 for that day. I was already 5+ months into my weight loss journey at that point and was successfully losing weight already. After months of reading about macros, I started working on upping protein. It took a long time to get carbs down to 50%. So I think that 40% for me may not be sustainable for the long term, mainly because I love fruit so much!
    I estimate that my pre-weight loss diet (i.e. not tracking, not caring) was probably around 75-5-20 or 70-10-20! Even before caring about calories, I ate a lot of low-fat or fat-free food. Took a while to get the 'fat is bad, period' mantra outta my head. Protein surprised me because I thought I ate a lot of meat, but it was mostly highly-processed (e.g. cold cuts) or high-fat, so protein by weight was low.
  • katiepeg46
    katiepeg46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist I am going to said I should be having at least 30-45 at each meal.
    The tracker gives me 199. I have not hit that # if I remember correctly.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    No one will ever convince me that carbs are evil.
    I couldn't function and do my (admittedly very cardio-intensive) workouts and busy job without a carb-heavy diet.
    My goals are arbitrarily set at 50% carbs/20% protein/30% fat.
    I eat about 250-300g of carbs every day. I struggle to hit the protein goal most days.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i dont pay attention to macros because they always end up the same no matter how I eat

looking at the phone app, it says, i hit between 40-48% carbs from my daily calorie allowance

If I wanted to lower my carb amount, I would have to make conscious effort to do so
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    About 350 - 400 while cutting.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    400-500g

tumblr_inline_mgiqacYT8f1ro2d43.gif
  • PamShebamm
    PamShebamm Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm usually around 30-40%. But once in a while it'll be more like 55%
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    20-150.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I follow Keto.. so my carbs are 15-20 grams
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like to stay at <150g. Bad things start happening if I stray too much above that level.
  • futurehealthfreak
    futurehealthfreak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I meet my cal goal of 1,690, I eat 127 carbs... aka 30% of my calories come from carbs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    50% carbs or 239ish grams. The latter number goes up/down depending on my weigh-ins.
  • missmegan831
    Options
    :happy:
  • missmegan831
    Options
    Some really low carb values getting put on here. Low carb dieting is a complete myth.

If you are insulin resistant or have gluten allergies or other medical issues ... I strongly disagree that low carb 'dieting' is a myth.. there are far too many people to prove your statement incorrect!!! Sorry
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Some really low carb values getting put on here. Low carb dieting is a complete myth.

No, it's actually scientifically backed. Someone else was saying the same so I pulled some research. Although, it does seem like low carb is better at preserving LBM in women than men. Maybe that could account for some of these differences in opinion, but for both genders low carb seems to help with losing fat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

If you can show it's a myth I'd like to see it.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    30-50 usually
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I do 45% of my stuff as carbs around 168g, I never go over or close to that number but I set mine up on the recommended amounts a woman should eat to loose weight and so forth for her body. So far my body is happy and I am loosing, so that's all that matters. :)

I do 45% carbs, 25% protein and 30% fat :)