SO FRUSTRATED :(

Options
Why can't I do this whole "weight loss" thing...??

Long story short: I have had quite the history with eating disorders and as I recovered from bulimia I gained binge eating disorder....now I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I fail time after time to get my weight back down

Does anyone have experience with eating disorders? How can I lose weight without relapsing into BED or Bulimia?! :'( I am so sick of failing.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If that photo of you is current, you don't need to lose.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    If that is you in the photo, you don't need to lose more weight. Keep up a moderate exercise program to keep your muscles strong and in good shape.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And you really should be in therapy for this.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

AGREE
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Instead of focusing on skinny, focus on making yourself strong. You can do it.
  • ashleyr0718
    Options
    I agree with the other comments that have been posted on this so far, if that is a current picture of you, then you have an amazing figure & you shouldn't stress so much about losing weight. Some things that will help you tone and shape up areas that you may be unsatisfied with, and the areas that make you think you are "fat" and "failing" would be continue to eat healthy meals & snacks, DO NOT skip a meal, drink plenty of water, and exercise. Cardio and strength training. Both eating healthy and working out will help you tone up your body and give you the finished look you want. If you need anyone to talk to you or some added encouragement feel free to add/message me anytime! We are all on this site to help each other out! :)
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This. You're already way too "skinny" if that's you in your picture.

• JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your weight is but I don't think an internet message board such as these can adequately advise somebody with your medical history. If you need a health program that involves your diet and or weight, then it needs to be supervised by a qualified medical team.
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you have been treated for an eating disorder you need to talk to your doctor before you go on any kind of diet. Talk to your family doctor or the therapist who helped with the eating disorder.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    This. You're already way too "skinny" if that's you in your picture.

^^This - having suffered from Anorexia - 96 pounds my senior year, you need to focus on strength and eating at a good caloric intake to make sure you don't lose more. If the photo is current - you are fine - just work on your muscles and get fit :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to HOPE this isn't a troll post.

If that is you in your current avatar pic, then you DO NOT need to lose more weight. In fact, I would suggest you take up strength training. Muscle is WAY sexy.

Please see a therapist before you do anything.
  • need2behealthE
    need2behealthE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    nice troll post
  • need2behealthE
    need2behealthE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you beat me to it