How much water do you drink a day?

Options
How much water do you drink? I drink at least 5 bottles (16.9 ounces), most days its 6/7 bottles. I feel like I'm in the bathroom all day because of amount of water I drink!!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? I drink at least 5 bottles (16.9 ounces), most days its 6/7 bottles. I feel like I'm in the bathroom all day because of amount of water I drink!!

I have no idea why you would do that.

Google "Tim Noakes" who understands hydration.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    a gallon or more...
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A drink a minimum of 10-8 oz cups
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Usually around 120 ounces/day. It's the only liquid I drink besides my protein shake.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Me too! I drink A LOT! Always have been a big water drinker. I am in the bathroom every hour it seems. :/
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    around 5 quarts daily
  • lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    At least two 1L bottles, sometimes two and a half bottles. (2.5L or 2500mL or 10 cups)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5-8 cups.
    I feel no need to drink more. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, and also have herbal tea and decaf coffee. Fluid is fluid.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Almost 1 gallon
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Around 3 liters.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I guess 2-3 ltrs a day, maybe a bit more. It's literally all I drink though.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 72 ounces. I have an ipod app that tracks my water. I bought some 20 ounce reusable bottles and filter my water in a PUR pitcher. Some people drink more but I think everyone has different needs and this works for me. The old saw about 8 glasses a day is a made-up thing that has taken root in our culture but is, in fact, not based on any sort of reality.
  • trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I shoot for at least 6- 8oz glasses minimum. I sometimes get a full 8 - 8oz glasses in, which is almost half my body weight in ounces, which I have heard is a good place to start. Of course, if you are working out or running and sweating a lot you would need to adjust. Hope this helps!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Water is the only liquid I drink so I drink a lot of it every day :) I have a 24 ounce reusable cup and I refill it constantly throughout the day.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    bare minimum 1 gallon....
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'll play devil's advocate and repeat what my host brother told me when I was teaching in eastern Europe.

"We don't drink water. We drink tea. Water makes you fat."
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    At least two liters, preferably three. I can really notice the difference in how I feel and how my digestive system works if I don't drink enough water. Once you get over 50, hydration is really key to keeping it all "moving". LOL. :)
  • wikidmommy
    Options
    I have a 20 oz bottle that I refill all day while I am at work. I drink 6 -8 of those everyday. I don't drink anything but water now that I have gotten used to drinking it.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because I don't keep track of it. I drink water with all my meals and in between (no sodas or fruit juices), and I keep track of my hydration by watching the color of the urine, as recommended by my doctor.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    3-4 liters of water per day for me.