Stereotypes

Options
SRB8710
SRB8710 Posts: 90
Hey all. I am writing a paper for school and wanted a general topic on stereotypes for people that are overweight. Do you yourself judge others or have been judged? No names or anything specific will be used in my paper, I am just kind of looking for general thoughts. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Soloud
    Soloud Posts: 220
    Options
    That fat people are lazy. Some are some really aren't and its not there fault. I like to think I don't but honestly subconsciously I like most people probably do.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    fat people eat a LOT of food (Some of us got fat by DRINKING.....starbucks.....and not eating very much at all)
  • PrettiBoiSwag
    Options
    Fat people are weak. It's not true because I've seen fat people bench a **** ton.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ....misread the question :)
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Stereotypes of Fat People...where do you start?

The negative:

1. Fat people are weak willed individuals.
    2. Fat people are lazy.
    3. Fat people are less intelligent.
    4. Fat people are unmotivated.
    5. Fat people are slovenly (e.g. untidy, unorganized, unclean)
    6. Fat people are pigs...that is, always at the trough eating.
    7. Fat people are ugly.

The positive:

1. Fat people are jolly.
    2. Fat people are good natured.

Like all stereotypes while some of these may apply to some people, I have met not-fat people who could be described in much the same way. Slovenly, ugly, unintelligent, lazy, unmotivated, weak willed, ugly individuals come in all sizes.
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you for those that are responding. I have become quite humble since joining this site on my judgements and where people have come and where they are going. That being said, do you feel your perspective is changed since being on this site?