Anybody have a favorite type of sports bra?

Options
2»

Replies

• bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Try the Moving Comfort Fiona bra... works for my 34DD's and you don't have to struggle to get it over your head (it's got a back clasp). I probably have at least a dozen of them!
  • foxylady522
    Options
    I am in love with Champion brand. I wish I could remember the model name but they are wicking and hold my DDs nicely! They are also a bargain at $30 not on sale... I found one as low as $15 at TJMaxx!
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Panache underwire sports bra. I have it in 32F. Easy to get on, then hook the straps together to a racerback shape if you want/need it.

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am a DD so I know how important this can be T___T I have a method that works out pretty well. I find a sports bra that has a criss cross in the back (like from the straps ) since that helps with support a LOT. Also make sure it has cups so they can hold em in place better, if you can find under wire def go for it!!. THEN get one of those cheapy cheap ones that are basically just stretchy material with no cups or anything. put the one with cups on as your base bra and then the cheap one over it. I do a lot of plyo and hiit and the two together holds em in place nice and tight :D
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies

I found that the Berlei bra in Australia is really supportive: www.berlei.com.au

I always cross over the straps in the back to provide extra support

Sorry not sure whether it is available in the US! x
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Freya Active Control Sports Bra. They look kinda pointy bare, but once you put a shirt on, they look great. Holds and separates.
    I also have the Enell, but I like the Freya better.
    I used these for running and I run a lot.
    For light cardio and yoga I love the Lululemon Flow Y Bra.

<<--34F
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Enell.

Ugly as sin, but it does the job. It's pretty much a corset style sports bra. And it works. I'm a 36D-34DD and I teach trampoline classes and have to engage in much bounceage when I teach my dance and aerobics classes. It's the only bra I've found that works well for high impact aerobics and running and stuffs.
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I prefer encapsulation sports bras with either a back clasp or the part racerback part back closure style. Moving comfort has several styles I like. They're pricey but worth the money. I can't stand the classic compression slip on bras.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am a DD. If I am doing something like running I usually wear a regular underwire bra PLUS a good sports bra I found at target (one of the only ones I could find locally with real bra sizes instead of just S, M, L etc.
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's an australian only brand, but omg, my intimo sports bra is amazing! I think the style is called 'coolmax sports bra' . I'm a 10/32DD-E, and these hold the girls in super firmly, no jiggling or bouncing at all. At first I thought it looked a bit flimsy because it's not underwired, but it's my most favourite sports bra EVER.

It's the black one on the right in this picture (certainly not the most pretty thing to look at, but it does the job!)
    Everday+Active+Bra+-+Intimo.jpg
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and I use Hanes. They are adjustable and are fitted really well, they are marked as high impact and are true to your normal bra size. I jog a few times a week and never have any issues.
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    UnderArmour has the best one that I have found. It zips in the front so you don't have to worry about squishing your girls in while putting it on or taking it off. It's $50 but it is worth it!
  • PHLmmarie
    PHLmmarie Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the Saucony "Curve Cursader" sports bra and it is the best bra that I've ever had. It has "high impact support".. I trained and ran a half marathon in this with no pain or discomfort. It also has a hook/eye closure in the back like a regular bra, which is surprisingly nice.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have found that Victoria's Secret sports bras fit well. I am a 36 DD and I stay in comfortably and don't hurt after working out. They also have lots of cool colours!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Try the Moving Comfort Fiona bra... works for my 34DD's and you don't have to struggle to get it over your head (it's got a back clasp). I probably have at least a dozen of them!

I <3 this bra.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love love BCG sports bras at academy. Im a 38dd. Kinda high necked. But I love that. Great assortment of colors . And not expensive
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ive been jogging again and "the girls" are beginning to hurt afterward, probably because my bras suck. Anyone out there with around D cup have suggestions on a good supportive sports bra? Strange question i know but im sick of spending money and finding out they arent any better than the last one.

I'm 38D - I like the Champion 2 for $10 pack on eBay (I think retail is $30). They provide lots of support and are affordable considering they're just going to get covered in sweat.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    On the subject of bras in general, I just had a proper fitting at Rigby & Peller (if its good enough for HM the Queen its good enough for me!). Slightly weird experience - they do it by eye - but I went down two band sizes and up more than 2 cup sizes (from D to F!!!!) The bras are not cheap, but now I have well-fitting bras I can use them to check any regular bras have the right size and shape wre/cup (I threw out a whole bag of old ones which had had it :blushing: )