Mom, wife, nkotb fan. :P

Options
I have been using mfp on and off for years. This time I am trying to lose about 40 lbs..and keep it off! I'm trying to eat sensibly. It is important to me that I eat real food, not shakes or diets that don't allow carbs or things like that. If that works for you, that's fine, it's just not what I want to do. I like to cook, so I look forward to making my own healthy, sensible meals and I love to share cooking tips.

Over the years the people on my friends list have come and gone and I could really use some more people who log in regularly and can leave encouraging comments for me (and for whom I can do the same!)

I'm 34, I have a 6 year old son and I'm married. My husband and I are both going to start a couch to 5k program, work towards doing our first 5k and possibly beyond.

I LOVE nkotb, so if you do too, that's a plus :) Thanks!

Replies

• debzza
    debzza Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HIIIII!! loooooove your last sentence and your pic!
    I love nkotb too!!:happy:
    Im 33, married, and have a 14 year old 6 year old and a 5 year old.

I have around 60lbs left to loose. Defiantly sending you a friend request ! xx
  • daylilies
    daylilies Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks very much! Love your ticker :)
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    my favorite was jordan with joey 2nd... lucky you! :smile:

i'm a total fattie right now and could use more friends to motivate me. add me...
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I loved Donnie! Have two kids 7 & 5 and a wonderful hubbie. Sending friend requests!
  • Shoegal165
    Shoegal165 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say NKOTB?? I am going to the concert in July :)

I am new to MFP and the community here ( today is my first day) and am looking for some inspiration to stay on track and make friends. I have 2 adorable children ( ages 4 & 1 ) and a great husband who is very supportive.
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    NOT NKOTB!! Um. I will be adding you as soon as I hit send. Then I will go back and read what you wrote. Which can only be amazing since you are a NKOTB fan!
  • daylilies
    Options
    Thanks for the new adds, everyone :) I just remembered to check in on this post today.

My picture is my motivation pic. I was almost at my goal weight there but I fell off the wagon and gained it all back. As far as NKOTB goes, Joey is my favorite (always has been) and I go to at least one show of each tour and try to do the special events they do when they come near me. I've also done 2 cruises. That picture was taken on Cruise 2011 on my birthday :) Best birthday ever!

Anyway yeah, I love NKOTB and I love to talk about them so if any of you want to message me and share stories I'd love to hear them :)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    <
    THIS GIRL will be seeing NKOTB in Las Vegas on 7/6...YEP!!!!
  • daylilies
    Options
    So excited for you!
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You had me at nkotb. Swoon!
  • kdv160
    kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a part of your support system! I am not a NKOTB fan, but my daughters are! I have a pic of them with the band if you'd like to see it check my profile...lol. My oldest daughter even has NKOTB tattooed on the side of her hand...such a crazy girl! Take care and friend me if you want to!
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • debzza
    debzza Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I added ALL of you... well you must be great girls if you are nkotb fans ;)

but im sorry to say Donnie is mine! hahahahaha xx
  • daylilies
    Options
    That's fine, as long as I can have Joey!
  • Smileyfacedana
    Smileyfacedana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I would love a friend request!! Girl, listen, we are all just doing the best we can. I have done MFP off and on also, and I am like in with the thought that this must change as a lifestyle. I need to loose 40lbs. also!! Girlfriend, I had gastric bypass 5 years ago...went from 320 to 160 and I am back to 200 now. There is NO magic shake or diet. It is dedication and making our bodies, and our minds/spirits/souls, move also. I have a 27yr old, who has moved back home, and 13year old twins. I am 47 years YOUNG and want to stay that way. I love life!! I love laughing!! I love being silly!! I love Jesus!! I love being with my family!!! I love my miniature dachshund, Ben!!! I want now to get my body back on track. I will never be a model walking the runway....hahahah (just the thought of those models make me laugh...so sad looking......because they are hungry!!), but I do want to be healthy. We can do this!!! This is a GREAT site and the more friends the better. I am sort of just now learning my way around this site as far as what all it offers, so send me a friend request..................I would love to chat and just let you know how wonderful you are and how each and every day offers wonderful blessings!!! EVEN WHEN TRYING TO EAT CLEAN AND HEALTHY!!!
  • Smileyfacedana
    Options
    hi..............OK, I want some MFP girlfriends too!!! :) Now, I know I am 47years old, but I don't know what nkotb is??!!! Would someone please tell me so I don't feel so old!! HA!! I am alot of fun to have around!!! The girls call me techno challenged, but I do ultrasounds so I am not a lost cause..haha!!
  • Smileyfacedana
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOHH MY GOSH!!!

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!!!!!
    AM i RIGHT?????

hahahah!!! before my time, but i did like them!!!!
  • hjeubanks
    hjeubanks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you guys are funny!!!
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    LOVE NKOTB!!! I will def be logging in daily....I have 100lbs to lose in a year!! so feel free to add me
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    LOVE NKOTB!!! I have seen them twice. The first time in LA and the best one was in Santa Barbara. They walked the aisle right where my seat was and I actually reached out and touched every single one of them... Love love them!!!

Add me... I need friends and words of encouragment and I will do the same for all my friends. :)