disgusted with myself and venting....

Options
So between 5/25 & 6/17 I lost 7 pounds of muscle, gained 11 pounds of fat for an overall gain of 4 pounds. I lost 72 calories off my BMR and gained 15 years on my metabolic age.

Why, do you ask? My awesome new job! I really like working there, but the fringe benefits are killing me! I have access to FREE cookies. Some of the best cookies I have ever eaten. You know, the sinfully good kind.

I am also trying to adjust from being unemployed and working out six days a week, to working out 4-5 days a week. I would like to get up early and get my workout in before work, but that hasn't been working out

I am SO disgusted with my lack of motivation and the FAT I have gained. I was down to 160 and was just starting to feel thin. I was starting to see my abs. Now they are gone again....buried under 11 pounds of abdominal fat.....

I also went from week 7 c25k, back to week 4. Yep, that bad.

Anyway, back on track. Got a great workout in after work today.

Tomorrow, no cookies. Just tomorrow. I'm not gonna promise more than a day. I LOVE cookies.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I love cookies too!! The really soft ones. Maybe you can give yourself one day a week where you allow yourself one cookie or two. Maybe at the beginning or end of the work week.
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just a speed bump! Tomorrows a new day and week 5 of c25k :-)
    :smokin:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great job in getting in a good workout today. Just remember how good you feel right now, and that should be motivation enough to get back out there and do it again tomorrow....and the next day.

As for the cookies, it's great that you have a new job, but as you continue to be a great employee at this one, I'd def be looking for another job that doesn't include such delicious temptations.

Until then...here's a flower for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Wow, 40 000 extra calories in three weeks....that is really impressive !
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I love cookies too. I feel your dilemma. I know you can do this. If you can't moderate and add just one cookie to your meal plan each day then I'd advise to stay away from them completely. I know it'll be hard to begin with but eventually you'll get into the habit. Chew more gum if you're allowed, drink more water to stay full. It's tough getting used to going back to work when you've had freedom for so long. You'll find a way to work things in. I know you can do it. Good Luck!! :flowerforyou: