Workout Clothes Advice PLEASE!

Options
Colliex3
Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
I've been working out a bit now but I want to buy some clothes that are for working out instead of just grabbing a pair of sweats and a tank. I sweat like crazy with what im wearing and since I work out at home sometimes if its too hot ill break down to panties and sports bra (which is nice until someone knocks on the door, then it gets alittle awkward). So I need something Im not gonna over heat in.... Im just curious what everyone wears when working out. I know there's a bunch of different brands, and I dont feel like breaking the bank on workout clothes...

Replies

• Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    I bought a loose fitting thin t-shirt and gym trousers from walmart.
    Really cheap and if they stink of swet and get out of shape and wrecked I don't care, cuz I know for the price of an addidas shirt I can buy 3/4 more lol.

If I get to hott I just roll up the sleves or trouser leggs
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Underarmor. Most comfortable thing ever and I have an outlet within walking distance of my house... Along with a Nike and Reebok one and a few other dangerous stores.

If you don't want to break the bank Old Navy has workout clothes for pretty cheap. I've also gotten some cheap workout moisture wicking tops at places like Ross and TJ Maxx.
  • LouisianaHott
    Options
    I have some fitted workout capris or shorts from wal-mart and thin tanks made of the soft-dri fabri from walmart $5-12 range per piece
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Target clearance racks.
    TJ Maxx or Marshall's for good name brand stuff for a whole lot less than retail. Especially on their clearance racks.
    Old Navy - sign up for their email list and watch for sales - they just had all their workout gear 40% off. And of course, they have a clearance rack.

See a trend here? :tongue: I like clearance racks.
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Target clearance racks.
    TJ Maxx or Marshall's for good name brand stuff for a whole lot less than retail. Especially on their clearance racks.
    Old Navy - sign up for their email list and watch for sales - they just had all their workout gear 40% off. And of course, they have a clearance rack.

See a trend here? :tongue: I like clearance racks.

I see the trend haha..
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I have some fitted workout capris or shorts from wal-mart and thin tanks made of the soft-dri fabri from walmart $5-12 range per piece

Yep, Danskin at Walmart. Now I'm looking for some inexpensive compression shorts. I understand Academy has some good ones.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is any of the Nike Dri-Fit line. They can get a little pricey but I usually buy mine from an outlet store to save a little. I have like a dozen different tops and like 5 or 6 pairs of shorts in Dri-Fit. Very comfortable and fits me well. I also wear asics shorts...not the short runners ones but they come just above the knees. Very light and breathable. I also have some Champion tops from Target that are similar to the Nike Dri-Fit. Not quite the same but still way better then a cotton t-shirt. I hate working out in cotton. Absorbs too much and then sticks to you like crazy. Dri-Fit material will wick sweet away and keeps me feeling more comfortable.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I buy gym pants that have that "wick away moisture" label. They are not hot they feel pretty airy and when you sweat you don't get butt stains.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The Target Champion (c9?) line is well-reviewed. I also buy at Kohls. WIth their tripple-stacked coupon / Kohls cash marketing scheme, you can get name-brand stuff a buck or two less than other stores.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    For my at home workouts I wear the little boy shorts that dancers wear made by capizo (sp?) and moisture wicking tanks and tees from target, usually champion. I get the shorts from amazon usually for around $12, full coverage but maybe still a little racy for answering the door. If I cared about modesty while working out at home I'd wear the champion running shorts from target as well, but I do find the boyshorts more comfy.

When I workout in public, whole different story. I have cute little color coordinated running outfits from athleta for that. Never wear them at home though.
  • mugslife
    mugslife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some really great stuff! I especially like their neon sports tanks with matching compression capris. It always makes me feel good to wear a cute and flattering outfit while working out!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've been working out a bit now but I want to buy some clothes that are for working out instead of just grabbing a pair of sweats and a tank. I sweat like crazy with what im wearing and since I work out at home sometimes if its too hot ill break down to panties and sports bra (which is nice until someone knocks on the door, then it gets alittle awkward). So I need something Im not gonna over heat in.... Im just curious what everyone wears when working out. I know there's a bunch of different brands, and I dont feel like breaking the bank on workout clothes...

Wait, PM me your address before you buy these clothes. Just so... I know where to send your Christmas card... yeah, that.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I picked up a few things from Target last week, I've also bought workout clothes from Kohl's, when they are on sale.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sports Authority has the best clearances I believe, but Kohls will have good sales and coupons on Nike, Adidas. I have found I cannot work out in a tshirt any more, it sticks to me and I am getting twitchy just writing about it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some really great stuff! I especially like their neon sports tanks with matching compression capris. It always makes me feel good to wear a cute and flattering outfit while working out!

I cleaned my old navy out of sports bras. I wear the low impact ones to sleep in (so comfy and light. Screw pajama tops) and the high impact keep my girls in place. Plus they were 8 bucks last week.
  • ms_rayzd
    ms_rayzd Posts: 21
    Options

I love Old Navy as well!! They have great stuff. For the ladies, be careful with color! I go with black, it doesn't show if you sweat....well you know, down there :)
  • Say_Tia
    Say_Tia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Underarmor has great stuff, but when I'm trying to save money I go to Old Navy. They have really great stuff.
  • Chebeau
    Chebeau Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports offers some good quality moisture wicking shirts for under 15.00. Mine are two years old and still look good. Also, Academy can have some good sales if you hit them at the right time. Nike Dri-fit and Under Armor are two of my favorites when on sale or found at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Make sure you like how it fits and feels. I have some moisture wicking pants that have a strange seam on the front of the leg that is scratchy. I just put them in the Goodwill pile. Also, you may run across some exercise pants that offer tummy control. Again, that is not comfortable (at least for me) and doesn't make sense for workout clothes. Maybe they are for women who wear workout clothes, but don't workout.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You can buy compression shorts at Wal-Mart for $10-15. Not the best quality, but as you said you don't want to spend much on workout clothes so that works.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've bought some great bottoms at Burlington Coat Factory. I work out at home, so being up to the minute in fashion is not my goal. However, I have large breasts and can't cheap out on exercise bras. I buy this on sale and with coupons at Kohls.

To work out at home, I wear some type of bottom and exercise bra and keep nice and cool.