If you are familiar to P90X you'll get a laugh...

Options
out of this....

http://www.bsideblog.com/2012/03/ranking-the-p90x-supporting-cast-from-worst-to-best/

"Uncle Tony" is the nickname my husband and I call Tony Horton and P90X . As in, "wanna join me in some Uncle Tony this morning?"

And when I first started and people would be so impressed, I'd say, "don't be...I'm doing the P45X version, bc I am half-assing it."

Anybody else have P90x inside jokes....?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Anybody else have P90x inside jokes....?

Shakeology. Makes me giggle every time!
  • ailixia
    ailixia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Haha know that blog! Had me laughing out loud

There's quite a big amount of Tony Horton memes out there, here are a view http://memegenerator.net/Tony-Horton

I started P90X at the same time as a good friend of mine (but we didn't go it together every day) so we'd text each other the best quotes of that day's workout.. I finished P90X last Sunday and I must say... I miss Tony! A little bit. Only. Not really. But still!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    LOL I guess I need to drag my DVDs out again, they're collecting dust! My bf doesn't think I can do it!
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    thanks for the meme link... I love them!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Haha as I read this there is an ad for p90x on the side of my screen
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I always disliked Dreya the most personally. Katie comes in a close 2nd for the bottom spot though.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    On Legs and Back I feel so sorry for Sophia, she is like the red headed stepchild of legs and back.. she hits tony with the bands, she says she wants Lobster Bisque and gets yelled at, and Tony yells at her for doing too many reps at light weight.. its funny every time.. And I LOVE me a good Lobster Bisque.. Tony is just hatin.

Dreya Weber is really annoying, I just fast forward and don't even take breaks anymore to avoid most of the comments I have heard over and over.. but Timmy definitely brings it in back and biceps, funny part is when He questions Timmy band colors and Timmy gives him the This will Work comment.. I also can agree with Tony on the last exercise of back and bicep when you do 4 bicep curls in a row and he is forgetting what weights he is at.. I kind of cry too, but they cheat on the last set that pisses me off...

Oh and Maren is definitely the hottest girl on those videos followed by Audra
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I died. So clever and it really took me back... to a place I don't really want to go again outside of this capacity.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Poor Dreya really rubs me the wrong way!
    We fast forward past the Dreya Rolls...time waster!

So many of those names listed the same line… "I hate it… But I loooove it!"
    And he has total crazy eyes at that moment.
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I seriously want to puke every time Tony says "Let's get Busy...er"

WTH is that supposed to mean?!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that link was hilarious! I needed that this morning. I just finished P90X and am going to do another round (God help me get through these annoying videos!).
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Oh man, that link was hilarious! I needed that this morning. I just finished P90X and am going to do another round (God help me get through these annoying videos!).

Uncle Tony!!!
    Sounds like you HATE 'em.... but you LOVE him!!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! Although I disagree with a few, for the most part it's right!!
  • grandevampire
    Options
    Omg, that list was amazing. Especially the Ann Veal (Bland?) reference!!!

At home we randomly shout out "I tumbled!" throughout the day (à la Adam). And the other day we got into a silly loop and couldn't stop reciting every single joke line we could remember consecutively. This went on back and forth for a good number of minutes.

Aw, my love for Dreya started after watching her movies. She's actually so tough, silly, and awesome despite her seemingly terse/smug attitude in the videos. Watch any interview with her, she's not like that at alllll. I think people misunderstand her the most.

And Pam has a YouTube channel where she talks a lot (unlike in the videos where she doesn't use any actual words unless Tony makes her).

Scotty Fifer's account of his pilot P90X course made me lol, so I like him (despite any involvement with any scissors. WHY ARE THERE SCISSORS IN X STRETCH?? IS IT LIKE A SECRET PLOY TO WORK ABS IN THERE???).

I also want badly to click on the link in Maren's thing, but I am afraid it's NSFW.

Poor Erik, in Plyo when Tony exclaims "We got two legs!" we can never help muttering "Except Eric........" under our breath. He should have known better considering how much time he spent pointing out that Eric only has one leg.

Has anyone else noticed that Tony seems to call Dave from CS&T "Sean" or "John" like twice? I always look up and do a double-take.

Wesley Idol. THE WORST.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Grandevampire I declare you the yoda of p90x trivia
    Btw, spellcheck tried to change grande vampire to grand amputee... There's something there...
  • grandevampire
    Options
    Grandevampire I declare you the yoda of p90x trivia
    Btw, spellcheck tried to change grande vampire to grand amputee... There's something there...

I literally just chuckled out loud at "grande amputee" (represent, Erik!). In fact, I only know what others have taught me, which probably makes me more like Obi Wan.

I highly recommend Yoda's four-page interview with Pam the Blam http://www.fitbomb.com/2009/10/my-interview-with-pam-blam-part-one.html and the web-archived interview with Joe Bovino http://web.archive.org/web/20120101074720/http://www.fitbomb.com/2011/02/joe-bovino-interview.html (because he has since requested that the interview be removed).

These truly reveal everything anyone ever needed to know about P90X (and how apparently no one actually really wanted to be in the videos). Lololol.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That was hysterical! I think my favorite part is during the X Stretch video when Tony is doing the Dreya forearm stretch and he gets to the part where you have to pretend your squeezing something and he says something like, "Just imagine squeezing something, what ever it is you want to squeeze" and every single time he says that I just think how Tony wants to probably make a joke about squeezing boobs. Also Vanessa is the worst, I can't stand her giggling and wheezing. Daniel Haas is my fav.
  • grandevampire
    Options
    That was hysterical! I think my favorite part is during the X Stretch video when Tony is doing the Dreya forearm stretch and he gets to the part where you have to pretend your squeezing something and he says something like, "Just imagine squeezing something, what ever it is you want to squeeze" and every single time he says that I just think how Tony wants to probably make a joke about squeezing boobs. Also Vanessa is the worst, I can't stand her giggling and wheezing. Daniel Haas is my fav.
    During Dreya Forearm Stretch, you can also see that Pam is trying to keep a straight face, but that her mouth keeps twitching. Haha.