Headache, Why?

Options
I am new on this site and I most say that it is great!

At the moment I need your advice on something. I started eating better and exercising more frequently 3 weeks ago. I joined the “myfitnesspal” 3 days ago as I wanted to follow my progress. So far I have lost 4 pounds and I still have 20 more to go.

Since I join the site (3) days, I have been having an awful headache that will not go away! I drink lots of water and I am consuming the recommended amount of calories.

What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

I really want to keep on going with my plan, but I am afraid it is affecting my health.

Any recommendations?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Did you eat lots of sugary things before?? As you could be experiencing sugar withdrawal headaches, hope they go quickly x
  • jenni1122a
    jenni1122a Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you a reg coffee or pop drinker?? You might be going through caffeine withdrawl. Keep up your water intake and tae it easy, don't want to give up. I always used to get headaches, I don't get them anymore. Hope this helps, if your still getting them you should talk to your doctor!
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't see your journal, but I know years ago I use to get headaches from lack of protein when I'd gone a few days with little to no protein. To this day, I tend to find if I boost my protein when I have a headache it tends to help.
  • msitruk
    msitruk Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you both!
    I did eat sugar but not that much and I only have 1 or 2 decaf-coffees per day (I can not have more as I suffer from arritmia).
    How long will take them to go away?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I say sinuses, it is that time of year :)
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with headaches. My caffeine consumption has remained the same, but I have been eating much healthier and exercising AND drinking water. Constant headache won't go away!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am new on this site and I most say that it is great!

At the moment I need your advice on something. I started eating better and exercising more frequently 3 weeks ago. I joined the “myfitnesspal” 3 days ago as I wanted to follow my progress. So far I have lost 4 pounds and I still have 20 more to go.

Since I join the site (3) days, I have been having an awful headache that will not go away! I drink lots of water and I am consuming the recommended amount of calories.

What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

I really want to keep on going with my plan, but I am afraid it is affecting my health.

Any recommendations?
    :flowerforyou:

Another possibility is exertion headaches. Mine have been a mystery for the last couple of months, and I noticed them develop on days I worked out. Apparently I was unconsciously holding my breath and keeping my neck tensed during running and lifting. Once I corrected those two things they went away. Hope you feel better soon.