What motivates you? Clothes recycling!

NinjaPrincess
NinjaPrincess Posts: 62
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I have been stepping it up in my workouts and following a new diet plan (that helps me be less of a carb-a-holic) and have been finding it a bit tough to stick with it. I tend to keep thinking is this sustainable? Even though I know that when I get to my goal weight I will be able to decrease my workouts and have some cheats in my diet and that right now its about being committed to achieving my goals. I am encouraged by the fact that I finally busted through a plateu that I have been at for months, and I feel way better now that I am balancing my carbs out and eating some more fat (horray for peanut butter). But that alone hasn't been enough to keep me out of the kitchen and off to the gym.

What has helped is I go through my closet and separate out the things that don't fit me anymore. I sometimes try on my new clothes in a smaller size too! I find that visually looking at how my old clothes now look on my body has been what really makes me appreciate all of the work that I have done and gives me the lift I need to keep up the battle one day at a time. On some weekends I go to a second hand store and refresh my clothes with some 'new to me' items. I consider it like renting a wardrobe as I progress, its cheap so I don't worry that I am still losing weight, and seeing my body in form fitting clothes feels great. Soon some of the clothes that I 'rent' which were tight to begin with will start to get looser. I am a couple pounds away from these items going full circle back to value village!

I thought I would post this as it has really helped me, and I thought that maybe there are some other tips that work for you, that you may want to share. Eventually I will run out of clothes to get rid of (though hopefully not for a bit as I continue to loose!) I would love to hear what personally keeps you going!!!!

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    i think clothes are a great motivator. I always have a pair of jeans that are my 'goal jeans' so I try them on every couple of weeks. The only problem with that was that when they fit me last time I threw in the towel....lol......so this time I've got to get a smaller size when those fit me again.

There's something about jeans that float my boat, dont know why?

Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    I am hoping to trade in Size 16 for size 14, but when I get to what ever size is healthy for me. (I don't know what that is as I have been everything from 6-16) I want some new things. That's my reward for a year of effort, or what ever it takes.
    Recyling is big where I live.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I hope I don't sound like a crazy person.

I haven't been losing weight from everywhere and I'm really trying not to let it get me down... but I've noticed my forearms and calves are a LOT smaller and more muscular. Every now and then when I'm typing or driving I notice my forearms, or if I'm chillin' on the couch after a hard workout and start checking out my calves... it makes me positively giddy. I know the rest of me will look like that someday and it makes me want to push harder!

Also when I'm on the elliptical I like to glance at my forearms every now and then and I see a slight sheen of sweat and it really pumps me up.

I do sound vain, don't I? Eek! Hahaha!:blushing: :laugh:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    I found another motivator. Today I read a post about googling what a pound of human fat looks like. One picture had a picture of a pound of muscle next to it. As gross as it was, I noticed that the muscle was smaller (same weight) and smoother. I decided even if I never lose another pound I would like to trade the one for the other. The scales are not the only measure of sucess. Keep it up, I'm sure your making that trade with all your efforts.
  • I have this red dress that fits me perfectly about a hundred pounds less than what I am now. That dress is actually a huge motivator, so I understand the deal about Anna's jeans. :0)
This discussion has been closed.