NSV - My "goal jeans" are too big?!

Options
Mizzrigg
Mizzrigg Posts: 23 Member
I have held onto a pair of jeans for close to 5 years now, always as a goal to get back into them. Well, I finally got up the courage to wear them and was told by a co-worker/friend to go buy new jeans because the ones I had on were way too big! What?!:blushing: I have waited years to wear these again, and now they are too big! Woohoo! Unfortunately those were the last jeans I could "shop" out of my closet, now I guess I will actually have to go shopping shopping...DARN!:tongue::bigsmile:

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is one the best NSVs I've heard. That is an amazing story and must feel great!
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    YEAH! It's a wonderful feeling :) Bravo!
  • Mizzrigg
    Options
    Thank you ladies! It is an awesome feeling, although it still doesn't quite fully register with me yet! LOL
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    that must feel good. be proud girl
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah!!! I know the feeling, same thing happened to me except I have a few more in my closet....:flowerforyou:
  • lyss1200
    lyss1200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!

have fun shopping for some better fitting jeans!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I only fit my goal jeans properly for a month before I went from muffin top to them hanging loosely. I was torn between being upset and elated! I'd held onto mine for about 5 years as well but unlike you I had never worn them because I had mistakenly purchased them online in the wrong sizing and had badly wanted to wear them when they arrived.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome, wtg!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    That happened to me, sort of:) I saved a pair of jeans for like 12 years! I got them on in March, a little tight, wore them on spring break and into the beginning of May until they fell off. At least I got almost 2 months out of them. Bought a new pair in May, 3 sizes smaller. Think about it--when you go buy new ones, they will probably be at least 1 or 2 sizes smaller than your goal. Won't that feel awesome?
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    yay! Go you!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Most awesome NSV ever. I can't wait to be back in that position.

So happy for you. :)
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME NSV!! :D
  • Mizzrigg
    Options
    That happened to me, sort of:) I saved a pair of jeans for like 12 years! I got them on in March, a little tight, wore them on spring break and into the beginning of May until they fell off. At least I got almost 2 months out of them. Bought a new pair in May, 3 sizes smaller. Think about it--when you go buy new ones, they will probably be at least 1 or 2 sizes smaller than your goal. Won't that feel awesome?

Way to go!!! I would keep wearing mine, but my friend is the type of person that she would de-pants me just to prove the point. :laugh:

It will be awesome to buy a smaller size, but at the same time really weird! In the back of my mind, I kinda thought I would really never fit back into those jeans that I held onto, let alone a smaller size! I guess I just proved myself wrong...I gotta keep doing that!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Aww that must've been some great feeling!!
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    That's so awesome! I bought a dress online about a month ago! It was way too tight - and was also my motivation to start losing a little more weight. Now, it is too loose! I never got to wear it :(
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Happy shopping :)
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    While shopping at the mall for new jeans stop by Victoria Secret and get new panties as well so you feel sexy under those jeans. They are my favorite little reward for losing weight.

Awesome job!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! It is an awesome feeling, although it still doesn't quite fully register with me yet! LOL

When you go shopping for new jeans take a friend to take pics. One look at your new booty in a pair of just-right jeans will make it register! Congrats and have fun at the mall!!! :)
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! That's a better feeling then seeing numbers drop on the scale that's for sure!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I have held onto a pair of jeans for close to 5 years now, always as a goal to get back into them. Well, I finally got up the courage to wear them and was told by a co-worker/friend to go buy new jeans because the ones I had on were way too big! What?!:blushing: I have waited years to wear these again, and now they are too big! Woohoo! Unfortunately those were the last jeans I could "shop" out of my closet, now I guess I will actually have to go shopping shopping...DARN!:tongue::bigsmile:

Fantastic! I have a pair of goal jeans, too, and keep them on a shelf where I can see them. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!