Going Public

Options
Hi all - I have been using MFP for a few months now (actually 85 days in a row now - the app tells me so) but have remained essentially alone (on-line, that is), I have one MFP friend and that's my wife. The MFP app is great, I don't think I could have adhered so well to my diet if I had continued to manually log what I was eating, in fact I stopped logging twice while I was keeping a "paper and ink" log.

I regularly watch the boards and read the posts and occasionally read a blog. I have been reluctant to post because I am not really a "social media" person (just too old, I guess) but I decided that today was the day for me to go public.

So in the words of so many coders (I am not one) Hello world!

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! lol. I debated posting on the forums for a while because of all the negativity, but I have found many great people.

I agree about the mobile app! It is great. I was volunteering at a Habitat for Humanity build site today so I wasn't on the computer at the office. My work provided food so I was able to log and keep track of everything right there. I don't know how many calories I burned though, but I'm sure it's more than me sitting on my *kitten* surrounded by paperwork.
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Check out the Male Stop board...lots of inspiration for guys.
  • therealajs
    therealajs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks CrazySteve - Accepted!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and congratulations as well on your weight loss.
  • therealajs
    Options
    Hi Rosellasweet, I admire your public service! I actually use the app almost exclusively, I even use it in restaurants prior to ordering so I can make better meal choices. It is amazing how much info is in the MFP databases!
  • therealajs
    Options
    Hi suenix24, thanks and same to you. Hopefully I can keep it going for about 20 more pounds
  • therealajs
    Options
    Hi lepert, thanks you!
  • therealajs
    Options
    Thanks dado40859, I will check it out
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    WTG for loosing 42lbs and great to get some followers to help push you further then you thought possible! :)
  • therealajs
    Options
    Hi perrinjoshua, thank you, congrats to you too!
  • therealajs
    Options
    Hey wannabesexyma, thanks, the truth for sure! Some days it seems like it's impossible to stick with it but I will continue to push on!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey wannabesexyma, thanks, the truth for sure! Some days it seems like it's impossible to stick with it but I will continue to push on!

I know that feeling I have had days were it took me all day to get up and make my but move but after I did I felt so much better! I just got back from a very active vacation ((Camping with 4 little ones at a state park with swimming and fishing and paddle boating)) Now I am telling my self that I need to get up and do something even if it isnt nothing but a brisk walk. Look forward to helping you and me a like! Keep on Keeping on :drinker:
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think that's one of the best parts about this site, that they don't exactly force you to friend people unless you're comfortable. Congrats on going public, the people I have talked to so far on here are pretty nice :)