My calorie goals change each day, WHY???

Options
mclaryn
mclaryn Posts: 1 Member
I set my weight loss goals to 1 pound per week and with my statistics it calculated that my caloric intake should be 1277 per day. I totally get about exercise and the fact that after logging exercise, you gain more calories to your available for the day.

My problem is that at the bottom of my Food Diary, where I add food, it says DAILY GOALS and under the column that is headed CALORIES it changes each day. The first day was 1277, which was correct, the second day 1405 and today, 1455. This is SO frustrating as it ends up giving me a false representation of how many calories I have remaining, obviously it says more at 1455 than if it stayed where it should at 1200 per day.

I so want to use this program but if it going to just change with the wind each day, how in the world can it possibly be accurate.

Can anyone help me? Thanks so much :)

Replies

• snowangeljo
    snowangeljo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    might just be a glitch, try re-installing your app if that is what you are using or double check your settings on the web site. if that doesn't help try the help section :) top right of your screen.
    Cheers
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When you add exercise to your diary, the system then adds these extra calories to your Daily Goal, because you should be eating back those calories. 1277 is your net calorie goal (calories eaten minus calories burned), so if you burn 300 calories through exercise, the system will bump your daily goal to 1577 calories, so that you have a net calorie intake of 1277.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    are you exercising and adding those calories in as well it gets added to your 1200 cal goal