Who else has lost, gained some back and turned it around

Options
Lost close to 100 lbs, gained back @ 25. Looking to get back on track while I still feel like I can recover from this.

Motivation, tips, thoughts and friends who have experienced or are experiencing this welcome.

Replies

• MrBuffMcFly
    MrBuffMcFly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Motivation, tips, thoughts and friends

You can do it!!!!!
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    It's definitely doable! I lost about 20lbs a few years ago, thought I had developped good habits so I stopped tracking my food and whatnot, figured I could do it on my own. Yes, it took years to gain the weight back, somewhat surprisingly but I'm back at square one. I tell myself that I did it once, I know what it took, thus I can definitely do it again! I need to lost more than 20lbs but it was quite an achievement the first time around! My best advice is for you to remember what it is that you did when you lost that weight and more importantly how you felt as you lost that weight. Plus I'm sure that being 100lbs lighter must've been quite something that I can't even imagine myself!
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks... anyone else?
  • Blegg30
    Blegg30 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Brian! You can ABSOLUTELY turn it back around!
    Over the course of several years I have a lost significant amount of weight, but not before losing some (50), gaining it all back, and then losing 80 pounds total. I have put a few back on and am working on those now. It is very difficult to maintain for some people because of many reasons. Mine main reason for putting weight back on was that I got hurt while exercising and was not able to keep eating the way I was (a little more than I should have). The weight crept back up and now I'm dealing with it, after being all recovered from my injury.

you can do it. Think about how you lost the weight the first time around- know that if you did it once you can do it again. Look at pictures, food journals, anything that will help bring you back to how you felt while losing it the first time. You go this- don't give up!!
  • shawnahobson
    Options
    I put my bike on a trainer in the garage. I try to lightly ride it for 30 minutes a day. That burns about 250 calories. Helps me get under my calorie goals!
  • Ambushbug73
    Options
    You can definitely recover, it's not too late. I lost 66 lbs then hurt my foot/ankle last summer. Took it awhile to heal, and I got lazy in the process. Put about 40 lbs back on unfortunately, but then put the brakes on and got things rolling back in the right direction again. Wish I wouldn't have put the weight back on, but no way am I going to let the work I put into taking it off to begin with go to waste.
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All good stuff guys and yes like a few of you I became injured and I am recovering from knee pain. this became very difficult once my exercise levels dropped

If any of you have open diaries and/or are interested in maintaining dialogue, feel free to send me a friend request
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I also gained a good portion of the weight I had lost around November and December( holiday eating I'm guessing) but since have lost all that weight and even a little more!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have been maintaining for over a year and find it harder than losing. I find this harder than losing. I find that if I don't weigh and log food and exercise, the lbs creep back on. I weigh myself every morning - very controversial- and have to accept a 1-3 lb increase with following my plan but, it comes off. I went for a few weeks w/out doing this and gained 4 bs. Yes, I was eating so I did not want to weigh myself. Denial!!! I have 2 lbs to get back off but... it will happen and I continue to watch the trend over time to make sure they lbs don't sneak back.

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    About 7 or 8 years ago I lost 70ish pounds. Then about 57 pounds crept back on. Over the last about year and a half I've lost that 57 pounds. I've been working out and last time I lost it all through diet, because of that I'm wearing a smaller size then I did the first time around, which I think is crazy.

So, it's doable. You just have to recommit.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I lost 67 pounds, hit a plateau, got frustrated and gave up. Wound up gaining back about 45 over the course of a year. Hit 198 and realized I’d be back over 200 soon if I didn’t kick it back into gear. Now I’ve lost that 45 again and am only about 4 pounds away from my original goal.

I won’t lie, it’s harder the second time. The first time it’s all new, every new “low weight” you hit feels great. The second time there is a feeling of “I already did this, I shouldn’t be here again”. Or at least that’s how it felt to me. It took about 20 pounds or so before I started feeling good about losing again. But stick with it, push through those feelings, because you can get there and it’s worth it!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels to lose weight then gain it all back then lose again, I lost several pounds from May to November last year and gained everything back over the holiday season, too much yummy food. Anyway, after Christmas I told myself I needed to get back on track so I've lost all the weight I gained back and then some!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You're taking a step in the right direction. Definitely a good way to go. Best wishes.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's been a continuous slippery slide for me! I started off at 180lbs and I initially lost 40 pounds, then gained that 40 back, lost it again, gained 20 back, and FINALLY lost another 30ish pounds and here I am now at 128. For the first time, I've been able to keep it off. I think mostly because I got tired of doing all that work over and over again!! Don't get discouraged. Losing weight and keeping it off isn't easy. You have to find what works best for you. For me, I had to find things that worked into my normal lifestyle instead of just going for diets and workout regimes that I wouldn't be able to keep up for very long.
  • Apple1234
    Apple1234 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started my journey last year and lost 60 pounds total as my 1 year anniversary came up for weight loss I went on a vacation to mexico and I guess never got back on track eating wise again :( ive gained 15 pounds back since march even though ive been working out. For me if I dont eat right nothing goes well :(
    Slowly by slowly the weight is coming off. You can definitely do it! Ive finally decided thats how weight loss works you lose you gain and then you figure it out over time (easier said than done for sure) just believe in yourself and set mini goals and there wont be anything you wont be able to achieve! :)
  • hawins
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel! Thank you for saying it--it helps to see that I'm not alone in this frustration.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I lost about 75 lbs 2.5-3 years ago, became pregnant again and gained back 30-40 lbs. Baby is turning 2 in February and I've finally found the discipline and determination to get myself back on track and aiming to lose a little more :smile:
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Twice over a 20 year period I weighed over 350 lbs. 1st time lost 110 lbs and gained all of it back. Currently lost 160+ ibs. and have kept it off for 2 years now. Currently working on losing another 7 lbs. Its funny I lost over 160 lbs in 10 months and the last 15 lbs over a 2 year period. Good luck to you dont ever give up
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Log. Account. Just like your bank account. Keep within your means. Make sure you log your calories everyday.
  • omerc10696
    omerc10696 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm in the same boat at the moment, I lost about 120 lbs, and due to being on some medication i gained back about 50 lbs a year ago, I've dropped 20 of those pounds, and working hard to drop the rest. Keep at it!