Need to lose tummy in 3 weeks.

Options
I have a concert I am going to in 3 weeks and I want to wear a really cute summer dress, the only problem is my tummy bulge. When I put the dress on, it makes me look fatter than what I am. What can I do in the next 3 weeks that would make the bulge go down? Any help would be appreciated.

Marsha:happy:

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    did it only take 3 weeks to grow your tummy??? sorry, not being rude, just trying to get my point across that your tummy is not going anywhere in 3 weeks...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Spanx :)
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good luck but don't think it's acheivable in 3 weeks.....how about some shapewear under the dress.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no one is going to the concert to see you. So just lose what you can for yourself. If the cute dress don't look cute, then don't wear it. Have fun at the concert.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Lower sodium and increase water intake will reduce water weight

Lower carbs and you will reduce bloating
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Spanx :)
    Beat me to it.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Start doing this MFP thing now. It may not be reduced completely by the concert but your first three weeks of using MFP strictly should show a visible improvement. Also drink plenty of water and lower your sodium. It will flush out any toxins and sodium you have built up. Just also make sure you keep up the calorie counting after the concert - no use giving up if having no tummy is what you are after. Friend me if you want to see what 4 months in can look like in photos. I had a huge tummy four months ago and almost none now. You need to calorie count every-single-day though and stay just within what it recommends for you.
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Buy a new, more flattering dress?
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The best results I have had are from switching my diet to low carb and higher protein. I also got good results from C25k. Maybe you could try either of those. Reducing sodium and increasing how much water you consume will also help.

I dont understand why people even bother replying if they arent going to be helpful. Good Luck to you, if you work hard you could see changes in 3 weeks! Im sure a 5kg or so loss would make your tummy heaps smaller :)
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with cutting the sodium, drinking lots of water, and either getting some shapewear or getting a new dress. it takes some people YEARS to get rid of the tummy!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    1. more water and a lot less sodium.
    2. gluten free (YES this causes a f*** load of bloating)
    3.... if won't go away, but this will help :)
  • bunnsangel
    bunnsangel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am just going to keep doing what I've been doing and go from there. I know I can't lose it in 3 weeks, just wanted something to make the dress look better on me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Spanx! I'm not being smart ;)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    1. more water and a lot less sodium.
    2. gluten free (YES this causes a f*** load of bloating)
    3.... if won't go away, but this will help :)

As for 2, I would agree 100% if her body is sensitive to the stuff. I found out on accident. I was put on anti seizure meds which took away my appetite completely (as well as my thought process thankyouverymuch) It was my last chance at a normal life, so I decided to continue.

From being her on MFP I KNEW eating was important so decided to eat health foods only. I mean if I was going to only be able to eat very little, it better be high in what I needed.

Gluten Free sounded right to me.

I lost weight (doesnt matter how much because it is a special situation) BUT what IS important is most of it came off my tummy area. The fluff just disappeared.

If you can go GF for 3 weeks, and it is tough if this is a part of your life, you will NOT regret it. My mind is clearer and my weight loss is easier now. Not to mention my joints don't hurt when I am GF.

Just my humble opinion:flowerforyou:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Spanx. Or just pick something else to wear that's more flattering.

I'm frustrated about my stomach too...I think I look smaller everywhere but there! But I know it will happen eventually if I just keep going.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How many inches do you want to lose off your tummy? If it's 2-3 inches, I suggest running 6km every day, you're bound to see results.