Ladies...what can you bench press?

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
I am so excited, I found out today how much I can bench press...170lbs! woop woop! I can also squat press 230. I want to bench 200 and squat 300. I think that would be awesome! Now, if only the weight would just come off. I guess it's time to kick it up a notch. I guess my body is just used to being fat and wants to hold on to it like crazy. Well...that isn't curbing my excitement! I am so excited that I am really that strong.

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is amazing. I've just recently started adding weights to my exercise routine and I am benching 50lbs. That seems so little compared to what you are doing. LOL. Now I have something to aspire to. How many reps/sets do you do? I am figuring it out on my own so I am doing about 40 reps per session right now. Do you have any advice for me?
  • granitendirt
    Options
    Impressive numbers. I just started the workout plans in New Rules of Lifting for Women.

The first phase has me doing 15 reps per set (which seems weird, but it goes down from there over the course of a few weeks). So, these weights are what I'm able to lift 15 times in a row...
    Squats - 70 lbs (I was squatting 110 this winter; I could probably do that now if I was doing less reps)
    Deadlift - 70 lbs
    Bench - 60

You inspire me. I'd like to become much stronger. When I told me boyfriend that I was starting lifting again and was going to be serious about it, his response was "Why? It's ok for girls to be weak". That sounds kind of bad out of context but we are often giving each other *kitten*, so take it with a grain of salt :)
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome, girl. I hope to be where you are one day.

My max bench is 100lbs, my squat is 160, deadlift is 185.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    That 170 is max....all the advice I have is push yourself. When a weight starts to become too light add more...girls do not need to be weak. That is bull crap! I think I could probably do more than 230 on the squat press. I was getting tired by that point.

When I was working out today I was doing one armed rows at 80lbs. I did 8 reps. When I went back to do 8 more I had to drop down to 70lbs. Part of me hoped I impressed the guys standing nearby :blushing: I did 5 exercises 4 of them I did ten reps. I was aiming for 3 sets of 10....wound up being 1 set of 10...with the exception of the rows. Then the second and third set I did 8 reps. I am tired!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    At one point I could bench 100 lbs.. 10 years ago . I started lifting again six months ago and I am at 70 lbs- you are inspiring me to get back my lost strength
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    170 lbs bench press? with a barbell? sheesh thats a lot!! lol

I just started the StrongLifts program so Im only at 50 lbs for now. :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,671 Member
    Options
    Awesome. My max for a set of 8 is 52kg=116 lb.
  • banana_milk
    Options
    5RMs:
    BP - 45 (lol)
    Squat - 95
    Deadlift - 105
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5x5s

Squat 154lbs
    Bench 93lbs
    Deadlifts 132lbs if my grip is ok
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My highest bp was around 40kg, but I was scared to go any higher without a spotter!!

Squat 65kg, Deadlift 100kg.

All free weights. I wish I could get back into the gym again. I got a new job and now the hours I can go it's soooo busy you just end up standing around queueing for the weights. Lame!
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are very strong!

Koing
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get lifting at the gym. Doing it at home at the moment, good old fashioned lying on the floor with a bar bell. All of 17.5kg for 30 reps. No, I didn't forget a zero ;)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you are an advanced lifter by strength standards of competitive lifters worldwide, just .50 lbs away from Elite status.You should start competing

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Lift.jpg
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    My bench is currently sitting at 40kg, I dropped off with it for a long while so haven't seen any gains recently, though am back on it now.

Im most proud of my deadlift, did 100kgx3 on Tuesday :)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Lift.jpg

this totally cracked me up!

I haven't done a 1RM, but I've benched 1x5@115, Deadlift 200, Squat 165.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    85 lbs
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    @ 130 lbs body weight my current PR's are:

Bench 1x5 @ 125 lbs
    Dead 1x5 @ 200 lbs
    Squat 1x5 @ 150 lbs
    OHP 1x5 @ 80 lbs