Eating less to lose weight but feel hungry now

Options
I'm trying to cut back on my eating but I realized that I've been feeling hungrier now. I try to ignore it because I really want to eat less. And is it bad to feel hungry before I sleep?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yes!!! you should never feel hungry cos being hungry leads to binging on foods that are bad for us!
    Eat more to lose, get some activity into your day and you'll start losing :)

what calories are you allowing yourself in a day?
  • EggsEggsEgss
    EggsEggsEgss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heyho jaina08,

i'm not very experienced with diets, cause i actually doing my first one, but what works for me right now is:
    1.) use olive oil instead of other oil, because it definitely makes you feel less hungry (proven by newest studies, university of munich, just check google news)
    2.) eat in portions: instead of a complete bowl of rice, i divide it in 2 parts, that keeps me on a good level and i'm not feeling very hungry
    3.) coffee makes you feel a bit less hungry (but not such a very big impact) - for me green tea seems to work for that, too. Don't know if it's proven or not.

if i start my day at around 7am and go to bed ~ 1am it works fine with just a feeling, that my body has a bit appetite but i'm not really hungry
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Btw I've plateaued for 2 months, my weight hasn't dropped at all for that long... That's why I'm trying to eat less now which I'm not so sure is a good idea?
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I think in the first week you will feel hungry as its not the amount your body was use to. I eat 7 meals a day, about every 3 hours, and i find it works great towards hunger, and even weight loss with exercise and such of course. Where as before i would only have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. I now have, Pre workout, Post workout, Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon snack, Dinner, and then a Slow release Protein right before bed.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You dont have to eat less, just differently. Make lower calorie, satisfying choices and you shouldnt have to feel hungry.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Lol jk I try going with fruit if I have any. Watermelon does wonderssssssss
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    what are your macros and calories

if you can watch this video might help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how many cals your eating, your macros and how much you have to lose. If you are eating too little it actually wont assist you. If you are genuinely hungry I would reassess your cals and macros (doesnt mean they are wrong just ensure that you are eating enough to sustain yourself while still losing weight)
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not viewable, so commenting on your specific situation is difficult.
    In general, not feeding every hunger pang is healthy and normal. We live in an age of comfort and easy access to food 24/7. Getting the body you want entails discomfort..hunger pangs, pushing yourself in the gym, etc. embrace discomfort.