50+friends required

Options
malann56
malann56 Posts: 11 Member
Hi any oldies out there needing to shed a few pounds or more? I feel like Methuselah.- a fat Methuselah, looking at all the younger slimmers on the forum

Replies

• Shoegal165
    Shoegal165 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 33 but feel 50, does that count?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm done losing, but I am an oldie @ 52.
  • Squirrelly714
    Squirrelly714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nearly 53 y/o restarting my weight loss journey. Different, isn't it, for our bodies going through this stage of life? :)
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'll be 51 in a month and a half
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and doing well on the program. Welcome. We older people know the score.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 33 but feel 50, does that count?

Damn that's funny. :)
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    56 in August. There's also a forum specifically for 50+ folks. Feel free to friend me.
  • strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and am a work in progress
  • youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    58 here and have learned more in the last 2 1/2 years than in the previous 55 1/2! Not sure if that makes me a slow learner or fast. Oh heck, it's all good!:bigsmile:
  • txangel210
    txangel210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm an oldie but goodie! 40 and holding on for dear life!!! Wanna lose about 40lbs. Goal is 20 this summer.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 this year..

Funny I had been feeling like a Methuselah myself in some ways until I started working for people 20 years older than me.. they are so lame in certain ways. Like want me to like all their generation's stuff (which I generally do) but they think my generation's stuff is lame. LOL. Irritating but makes me feel oddly young.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 but don't feel or act it. I've got about 15 pounds I'd like to lose right now. I lift and do a bit of cardio and its working great for me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • janeshearl
    janeshearl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    well you found a 60 year old! Been on myfitness.com for almost a year, down 61lbs need to lose about 5 more to be where I wanta be! This last 10 has been the pits! Feel free to friend me, I am on daily!!!
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have been at this just 3 weeks, but I'm actually enjoying myself. I wish I had this tool long before now because I would have used it. This has really put food and health in perspective for me. I have a lot of weight to lose. I had an injury in 2010 and got depressed and ate because I had nothing else to do. Now I just can't stand looking in the mirror anymore. The weight has to come off. I'll send you a friend request I'm on everyday.
  • malann56
    malann56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So glad to see that I am not alone in the older age bracket. Sometimes we oldies need a bit more encouragement from each other as everything starts to move south metaphorically . All in it for the long haul eh!!
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Im 57 and relatively new to MFP but finding this much easier than anything else I've tried. Feel free to add me and we'll battle on together :laugh:
  • sheilatush
    sheilatush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and wish l found MFP sooner. Joined in February and doing great on it.
    Sent you a friend's request..so love this site. So much support
    Anyone also free to add me. I log on every day