Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Completed Entry - MFPs future weight guess

bzign
bzign Posts: 41 Member
Does anyone pay attention to the "If every day was like today you would weight Xlbs in 5 weeks" thing?

If you do is it at all correct?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I do for now...I just started on MFP on Monday so when I weight in I will see if it is even remotely accurate. If not I wil ignore from now on.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I don't because I have found over time that it is radically wrong, very consistently.
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    I read them and chuckle about it every single day!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 338 Member
    It's more of a motivational thing. The app has no way of knowing what your body will do. And of course, it is impossible for you to make every day like "today." You may eat exactly the same thing and do the same workout every day for five weeks (jeez, that would be boring!), but your daily activity level changes based on what you do. I do it all the time and imagine how great it will feel when the scale reads that. It's less important that it actually happens though, know what I mean?
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    I like to applaud it for its ambition then laugh behind its back because I know its never gonna happen. ;)
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    The only way you can know if this is correct is if you eat the exact same foods every day for 5 weeks.

When I read this back I realised how much of a douche I sounded - sorry!
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    I look at it only to determine what kind of day I had. It either motivates me to eat healthier the next day or to keep up making better decisions. I never rely on it to know my weight loss because, let's face it, you aren't going to eat the same exact thing every day or do the same exercise everyday for 5 weeks. And then there's your water weight and muscle influencing your weight too.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    I like to applaud it for its ambition then laugh behind its back because I know its never gonna happen. ;)

haha this!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Back when I had a LOT of weight to lose, it was actually pretty close for several months in a row. Now that I'm fit & close to goal, it is soooo wrong all the time. I wish it were still right!
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member

This!
  • bzign
    bzign Posts: 41 Member

This!

Haha oh good I was just checking to see how other people viewed it - always wrong and so so wishful, I can but try to live up to it :-)
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    I stopped paying attention to it because I found it demotivating. Weight loss doesn't work in a linear line, especially, like others have pointed out, there are lots of variables. I actually wish MFP would get rid of it! But I'm not far from goal, so I can easily just laugh at it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,838 Member
    I tell it, "Yes, but I don't eat THIS way every day." There was a 14 pound difference in what it told me yesterday from the day before. Ignore it.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    I look at it only to determine what kind of day I had. It either motivates me to eat healthier the next day or to keep up making better decisions. I never rely on it to know my weight loss because, let's face it, you aren't going to eat the same exact thing every day or do the same exercise everyday for 5 weeks. And then there's your water weight and muscle influencing your weight too.

This! I use it as a motivation.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member

Best answer award goes to...
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    I ignore it but I get the idea its motivational.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Does anyone pay attention to the "If every day was like today you would weight Xlbs in 5 weeks" thing?

If you do is it at all correct?
    I see no way to know if it is correct because there is no way I'm going to have the same calorie total every day for 5 weeks. Do I look at it? Yes. Does it mean much? Not really.