IYOW (In Your Own Words) >>>MARRIAGE

Options
What is a marriage?

A)Do you it as a Commitment by Couples who really love each other.

OR

B)A Jail where A Wedding ring is A HUGE Padlock.

C)OTHER - IYOW (In Your Own Words)

Replies

• JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    A life time commitment by couples who CHOOSE to love each other thru the good times and the bad.. Of course there are those rare circumstance that break the "padlock" (cheating, etc..) But personally I feel that if your not willing to spend your life with that person, then don't get married.. But then again, what do I know. :huh:
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    C) firtzbut, ganchingchu. ballamalla hwartsit boomba-boomba.

these are own words, and they are my FAVORITE ONES.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've only been married for 6 weeks, so I'm still rose coloured LOL, but marriage, to me, is declaring to the world that my husband, who is my best friend and favourite person on earth, is the person closest to me and ranks above all others. That we will stick together, put each other first and intend to spend the rest of our lives doing just that :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    while i don't see marriage as a jail and a ring a padlock, it's not a path i see myself traveling down in my future. i welcome a lifelong partner to join me in my life, but i don't see the necessity of marriage - it probably helps that i also have no desire for children.

i do like sex. a lot. and who needs marriage for sex?
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    C - a very serious commitment, a partnership and most importantly a lifelong friendship. My husband is truly one of the best things to ever happen to me (an vice versa because as far as wives go, I'm f'n awesome)!

There are days when I cannot believe how freakin' lucky I am to get to spend my life with my best friend. On other days, I want to scoop out his eyes with a spork. Luckily those days are the minority. Just celebrated our 15th anniversary in December.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    What is a marriage?

A)Do you it as a Commitment by Couples who really love each other.

OR

B)A Jail where A Wedding ring is A HUGE Padlock.

C)OTHER - IYOW (In Your Own Words)

Should be A

but now its B

if u ask me now........must be HELL

:laugh:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wedding: A waste of money for one day. A show. The show shouldn't have more emphasis than the marriage.

Marriage is a choice between two people who do love each other and want to support each other through good times and bad. It's a serious commitment and not a joke. It's not playing house. It's a lifelong friendship that two people decide to head into. It shouldn't be "run away when things are tough."
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Life, love, happiness, connectedness, and purpose, all shared with my best friend and lover.
  • stargirlll
    stargirlll Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A life time commitment by couples who CHOOSE to love each other thru the good times and the bad.. Of course there are those rare circumstance that break the "padlock" (cheating, etc..) But personally I feel that if your not willing to spend your life with that person, then don't get married.. But then again, what do I know. :huh:

Yup, this is my exact thoughts on marriage. I think marriage is a beautiful thing, so long as you're not getting married for ridiculous reasons..
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    MAWWAGE IS WHAT BWINGS US TOGEVAH TODAY

It's hard, rewarding, fun, maddening, hysterical, a labor of love and a great way to learn ways to hide bodies if it goes to hell in a handbasket.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    1st marriage is learning what things you can and cannot live with. You learn what your willing to do for someone you love.

After 1st marriage: Realizing the person you want to be and changing your life to become that person.

2nd marriage...I don't know yet I haven't done it yet.

(Took me 7 years to propose and less than 2 to get divorced, I never thought I would had been one of those "divorced" people but well that's a story for another post perhaps one day)
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Option "A" with lots of tidal waves....Must learn how to surf so you don't drown or try to drown your spouse, lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This topic just made me think of this...

Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...So tweasure your wuv.

Impressive_Clergyman.png
  • Oboejo26
    Oboejo26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My marriage?

My best friend sleeps over every night, we play video games all the time, we have a million inside jokes, and I know that at the end of the day, no matter what, he's got my back.

And then there's all the guilt-free, stress-free sex. And when we do fight, the angry sex. And then following that, the make up sex.

If marriage is a prison, then I'm a willing captive. =)
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    I still dont wanna get married.I dont think if my husband cheated I'd forgive,forget and move on.Im saving the number of Divorces from increasing.I have all the love,all the care,respect and patience but cheating can change all of that in a second.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Why on earth would you assume that your husband would cheat?? It just seems like a very specific reason not to get married... I can't even begin to picture a scenario in which my husband would cheat on me...
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    My marriage?

My best friend sleeps over every night, we play video games all the time, we have a million inside jokes, and I know that at the end of the day, no matter what, he's got my back.

And then there's all the guilt-free, stress-free sex. And when we do fight, the angry sex. And then following that, the make up sex.

If marriage is a prison, then I'm a willing captive. =)

OMG I could have written this. This is what my marriage is :)
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    C - a very serious commitment, a partnership and most importantly a lifelong friendship. My husband is truly one of the best things to ever happen to me (an vice versa because as far as wives go, I'm f'n awesome)!

There are days when I cannot believe how freakin' lucky I am to get to spend my life with my best friend. On other days, I want to scoop out his eyes with a spork. Luckily those days are the minority. Just celebrated our 15th anniversary in December.

^^^This! My husband is my best friend. A marriage is a commitment to a partnership and friendship. You have to be willing to give 100% and work at it.
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    Why on earth would you assume that your husband would cheat?? It just seems like a very specific reason not to get married... I can't even begin to picture a scenario in which my husband would cheat on me...

he's cheated once,and i never thought/assumed he would.after 3 years of dating.i forgave him.after trying to breakup with him. Now he wants us to get married.I love him BUT...