Looking to form a small group of ladies 50+ for support

Options
Hi! My name is Patty and I've been on this site for 11 days now and have lost 4 lbs. Yay me! I have another 25 lbs to go and would love to chat with others in the 50 to 65 age range to share hints, recipes and encouragement. If you are looking for someone to share this weight lose adverture with, please send me a friend request and let's talk!

Replies

• tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    There is al ready a group if you look in the community
    linda
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It never hurts to have more Friends, Patty. I am 52 and I have been here for over a year. Looking forward to sharing the Journey with you.

Jeannie
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    Hi. I'm in! It is sometimes hard to join an already established group, so this new one fits me perfect while I take a few days to see what else is being posted in other areas of topics. I'm interested in trying to post daily, because that helps me to stay on track and I enjoy the encouragement that can come from having the shared goal of losing weight.

I have "been here" before ... needing to lose that 10 pounds that just loves to return like the full moon. I'd like to drop 2 pounds a week, which is a nice goal to "start out with", but I won't beat myself up if I don't drop that quickly. [I"ll just adjust my goal to have more time.]

I have used the MFP food log before and find it really helpful. Well, Good Sunday to you all!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi;
    I can use all the support I can get too.....It seems that over 50 has it's special challenges, and I have just joined, only 5 days ago.
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    Yeah that is the truth. I never believed that age would matter, until I got here myself!! :noway:
  • angisan
    angisan Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there

I would love to be with you on this journey, I find my app on my ipod and this site a great help and am losing weight steadily, its a bit like having a little devil on your shoulder.
    Look forward to chatting and exchanging info
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Patty,
    Your idea is such a good one, it has already been done!!:wink:

We have a very active thread of 50 + Women in the Support and Motivation Forum. We are such prolific posters that although we start a new thread each month, we reach the 500 post mark before the 20th of each month and go on to part 2, which is the link for August that I am posting below. Come join us, anyone who is interested!! The more the merrier!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114320-women-ages-50-for-august?page=4#posts-1571222

Barb
  • ppennington
    Options
    So Paula's husband suggested the name SILVER SLIM CLUB. What say you?
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    OK, the name if fine with me. Hopefully this thread will be a "go".:happy:
  • jchdhh2
    jchdhh2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just now joined ... need ALL the help, encouragement, motivation, anything .... ugh! Any help appreciated always! (yes, over 50):smile:
  • justahorsen
    Options
    me too....almost 60 and trying to lose some before THE birthday......
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I will join in..
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    OK, I will start with a question for all, to get this tread moving along. :smile:

Q.: When you are having a major attack of the munchies and know that if you start with just a few bites of .... say... potato chips, that you will go overboard, how do you handle the "emergency" to your diet?

My Answer: I eat a bit of something healthy, such as low fat cottage cheese or some left over green salad, etc., and then STOP while I make a cup of hot tea. It take about 10 minutes for the tea to be ready, and then I enjoy the tea. By about 1/2 way through the cup of tea, I find that my major munchie attack is over. If I still feel hungry, I'll eat something healthy again, watching my portion control. I find the diversion of waiting to the tea allows me time to think through what I am about to do, and to then make the right diet choices.

Your Answer?
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    Soooo, a day later and no further posts? Is this thread officially dead? Before it even got going? 533.gif
  • vikkij12
    vikkij12 Posts: 82
    Options
    I am in on this one as well, yes over 50 (hate to admit it) and really want to get fit and lose this flab.

In answer to the question posed, about the first bite. I try not to take it, however having said that at a seminar last week, I had one day where it was toast at brekkie (it was there so the next day I didn't order the bread with my continental brekkie which solved the problem) muffin a morning tea (i was doing so well until the lady I was talking to moved over to the table and got one!!) and then chocolate cupcake and black forest slice for afternoon tea. HOOOO BOY I had indigestion really badly so was fantastic in my eating the next day.

I am reading a really great book at the moment written by a Nun in her 80's about getting old, if I can be half as upbeat and interesting as her I will be happy.