Just starting

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Brett. At the beginning of the year I reached 295 lbs. I was out of shape and had no energy. I did not eat well, or have a scheduled eating plan. I've always wanted to change so I started to cut back on pops and snacks. I lost 10 lbs just doing that. then in the last 3 weeks I have begun to exercise and eat on a more regular schedule. also I have used this sight to track my calories. since then i've lost another 9.6 lbs. so far so good. looking forward to meeting others on the same journey to better health.:happy:

Replies

• GetteJ
    GetteJ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you!. Keep those goals small and celebrate each one. Concentrate on how you feel and not on scale numbers or clothing sizes. Here's to better health.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started at just about the same 284 here, so glad I found MFP lost 33 pounds so far. Be honest with yourself and others, keep your diary open let others help you along your way, and you should do very well. Eating the right amount is very important but exercise of some sort is the major key, find what you like to do and let it free you..........Its biking for me and a few other things, but the major point is to get moving doing anything, will help. Good luck on your journey add me as a friend if you would like.:laugh: :wink:
  • ADominik
    ADominik Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you!!! As of today, I have been using this site for 1 year. In that time, I've lost 50 pounds, mostly by monitoring my food intake and walking my dogs every night. I'm up to 2 miles now. Keep at it and the weight will come off. This site has really worked for me. I won't tell you I don't have my days where I'm not good, but those days are out numbered by the days that I am on track.