Water Park? Bikini? Canz? *PICS*

Options
Hey everyone, I don't usually post progress pics (mostly because I don't have any photos of myself when I was 170 lbs besides head shots) but I am REALLY nervous about going to Hurricane Harbor this weekend and I need some brutal MFP input :embarassed:

I actually bought this suit at the end of last year (end of summer sale) when I reached my lowest of 139 but I never got a chance to wear it. I am currently 142 and I realize I need quite a bit more toning but can I get away with this body in public? My boyfriend says I look great but he loves me so ... yeah. :heart:

IMG_20130620_203419_zps9a280d95.jpg

20130620_161210_zpsc153be9a.jpg

IMG_20130620_203758_zps8098e18b.jpg

(oh and there's no filter - I just cropped them to hide my scary sweaty no makeup packing face :laugh: )

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!! Rock it, gurl!
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!!
  • gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!! Rock it, gurl!
    I agree 100%
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look hawt! Strut it!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Is this real life?! Can you GET AWAY with that body in public? Hell yeah you can! Your body is hot.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You will get tons of head turns. No worries. Looking great!

The only hingi caution you on is to make sure that the swimsuit is sturdy and doesn't come off easily. I hesitate to type this knowing it will probably get some interesting comments, but those slides can be a bit forceful. Having said that, I do see a lot of people with bikinis at water parks.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Wear it with pride, you deserve it!
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Duh...YES!! You look great
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options

The only hingi caution you on is to make sure that the swimsuit is sturdy and doesn't come off easily. I hesitate to type this knowing it will probably get some interesting comments, but those slides can be a bit forceful. Having said that, I do see a lot of people with bikinis at water parks.

Was just about to say the same.

You pull off the bikini beautifully but I'd go for a one piece for waterpark action.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?! Can you GET AWAY with that body in public? Hell yeah you can! Your body is hot.

I realize how silly that will sound to some people but a little bit of my back story includes being told I was fat when I only weighed 120 lbs at 5'8" and having to throw up my meals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    Like in a gym, the majority of people at a water park aren't concerned about how others look...................only how they look. Wear the bikini.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    you look good and have a great butt!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE AN AMAZING BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock that bikini.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    FRIGGIN ROCK THAT BODY!!!!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Definitely nothing to worry about!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Get going!

I know how you feel though. Went to a water park for the first time in 15 years or so just a few weeks ago! And I don't look anywhere near as good in my suit as you do in yours! lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You look great as far as your body, but the top looks a little small. It would be fine laying out at a pool, but I'd be nervous busting out that much at a waterpark! So...my advice would be maybe buy a more sturdy, better fitting top.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Looks great and cute pattern on that bikini!
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bikini - Definitely

But, I would probably opt for a halter style top, or an athletic bathing suit for a water park. You don't want to show the goods to all the little kids.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Was just about to say the same.

You pull off the bikini beautifully but I'd go for a one piece for waterpark action.

I did think of this problem but I haven't had any luck finding a cheap one piece that didn't look like my grandma would wear it LOL Figure I can always hold the top on the way down?