Focus on Short-Term Goals to Lose Weight

Options
If you're trying to lose some weight, focus on what you can do now, not on the end goal. A recent study showed that people who focused on what they could do each day to lose weight—rather than on their future, lighter selves—lost more weight. So instead of fantasizing about a new waist size, think about how healthy you’re going to make your next meal or hammer out a plan for the day to get in a few short walks or an exercise session. Keep yourself focused on what you can do right now. The little things add up!

Weight loss doesn't have to be a struggle.

http://www.dailyburstofenergy.com/

Replies

• nancymary24
    nancymary24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    are burned calories part of your daily calorie intake?
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Au contraire. Experience tells me it is a #%$#% of a struggle. Sigh.
  • josannee
    josannee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this post. It is rock solid. How we gained the weight was by going asleep at the wheel, losing our focus, thinking tomorrow, tomorrow. I'll do better tomorrow. I'll deal with this tomorrow. All those tomorrows end up being extra weight, goals not met and a loss of believing in ourselves. Today, now, focus, intentional, that's whats going to change our tomorrows! This meal, this snack matters, counts and either propels us toward our goal or pushes it further away.
    Thanks for your encouraging words!
  • mollykathog
    Options

Au contraire. Experience tells me it is a #%$#% of a struggle. Sigh.

I don't think anyone would disagree. Haha Thanks for the chuckle
  • buster848
    buster848 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, but I think more important is the fact that I don' go crazy eating on my guilt free day.
  • buster848
    buster848 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you. Focus is a must, You focus on the good things and that only reinforces your desire.