Diet options

Options
Does anyone have any good diets that will actually work? Message me ;)

Replies

• AprilKnits
    AprilKnits Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have lost 55lbs following the Low GI (Glycemic Index) diet from the book by Rick Gallup. It is called a diet but really is a change to a healthier life style. I have kept the weight off for 18 months now and am currently working on losing the last 10lbs. It is a slow and steady, healthy! method that worked for me at the age of 40 after having 3 kids. A key part of my weight loss was committing to minimum of 30-40 mins exercise 6 days per week.Good luck
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. Works every time. No special diet necessary.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Any diet will work provided your calorie intake is less than your TDEE. Simple. You don't need diets, shakes, pills, etc. Put the work in and you will lose weight.
  • 4okgwish
    4okgwish Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Use MFP, meet your calorie goals, increase your cardio workout and add more weight to your strength workout.
  • 4okgwish
    Options
    I've bee exercising everyday and I'm not loosing any weight :( i don't know what I'm doing wrong.
  • tigermom12
    tigermom12 Posts: 39
    Options
    Just pick good, wholesome food, log it into MFP at a calorie deficit and that is all you need.
  • 4okgwish
    Options
    what would be considered wholesome foods?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    what would be considered wholesome foods?

Log your food every day. You're not doing that. You need to log every single bite you take. Eat all of your calories, and your exercise calories. Trust me on this - you don't want to screw up your metabolism (you are way too young to have to deal with that for the rest of your life).
    Wholesome foods are generally considered fruits, veggies, lean proteins (chicken, lean cuts of beef, etc), whole grains, healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, some dairy, etc). Eat those types of foods most of the time and eat other foods some of the time. It's okay to still have cookies, candy, pizza, etc (I do!), as long as you are trying to meet your nutritional needs as well.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've bee exercising everyday and I'm not loosing any weight :( i don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Exercising every day is great and has plenty of health benefits, but you can't out exercise a bad diet.