Can't tell if this is a NSV or I'm losing my mind

Options
ReinaJaLaNa
ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
So, there is this blouse that I've often tended to like to wear in the past because, even when I was heavier, it was among the few that made me appear slimmer than what I actually was (even though I think I'd sometimes wear a body slimmer with it as well -- but not today! :) ) and without drawing any special attention to my front or back flabs :)

Well, I put the blouse on today and noticed that the bottom of the V-neck area, where the buttons begin, was revealing my bra underneath. I'd never had this issue before and kept thinking that maybe a button popped off at some point and I just hadn't noticed. So, I inspected the area several times looking for what might be a missing button, and nope...all the buttons were there.

I ended up having to fasten that area of the blouse with a safety pin, but it got me wondering just what was the deal? Anyone ever have any kind of experience like this with a blouse or maybe a dress or any other type of clothing? I'm wondering if it's somehow having to do with either my bust width, cup size or both having decreased a bit? Or am I just reading too much into the whole thing and the blouse is just suddenly choosing to fall differently on me today for whatever reason?

Thoughts? Insight??

Replies

• tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with a few tops!

I know I've lost inches around my chest and bust in the past month - both due to actual measurements, but also due to me having to adjust bra straps to keep everything in place.

I think it's just our bodies tightening, toning and adjusting and as with all clothing - be it tops, pants or even shoes, things will fit differently as we go.

I know I have a pair of sandals that don't seem to cut into my feet as much, tops are looking nicer on (even if they "fit" before) and seem to be hanging nicely vs clinging, and pants and underwear seem to have their days. I feel like depending on how my hips and waist are lining up, certain pants or underwear work on different days. I might have a day where something fits great, and then the next it keeps slipping down... a few days later it'll fit perfectly again.

You'll have to find a really cool accessory to secure the front of the top so that each time you look at it, you can smile and know you're making progress towards your goals!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yep, time to give up that shirt. You are now too small for it. Congratulations.
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've totally had that experience. Shirts that used to be perfectly decent on me had to be buttoned almost to the top or I just flash everyone... I think it is to do with losing weight off your boobs, but also off your back and neck as well because I think it makes shirts and stuff hang down lower at the front than they used to.

All the shirts that used to do that are way too big for me now, but I had to stop wearing them whether they were too big or not because some of them didn't have buttons that I could button high enough for them to be decent...!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yup NSV.

I have had to buy new pants for a while but my shirts were fine then all the sudden the weight started shifting up top and this is exactly what happened to me. My tops where getting more low cut :noway: and longer because there isn't as much fat to hold them up :blushing: .

Good job! :smile:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you have a true NSV!!!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    The button isn't missing, your chest is...
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, I both love and loathe the clothing thing. Favorite pieces not fitting properly, or at all. And having to buy new things in a smaller size, that may or may not fit next week depending on how fat/skin/muscle decides to shift between now and then.

Yes, your top is getting too big. Congratulations! You can always use a decorative brooch to hold it closed or put a cute camisole or tank on under it to keep from flashing everyone.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Your breasts have gotten a bit smaller. When you lose fat, you will lose it there too. How much, and what configuration, depends on what you had to begin with.
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would suspect it might be the whole chest/shoulders area are smaller. because it sounds like it's drooping further down than usual, which would mean less shoulder, back, arms, chest, to deal with covering... so yes, an NSV, and also, may be time to invest in some cute camis, a brooch/clip, sew it shut more, or retire the shirt.
  • emilyds
    emilyds Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats!

I had a similar thing happen recently - I was traveling for work and packed a dress that I really like. When I put it on in the morning, it didn't fit at all - it was too big all over. I thought I could still make it work because it had a wide belt, I could just tighten that up, but it was still too big in the shoulders/chest. Lucky for me, I had been indecisive when I was packing and had included an extra dress that actually fit!
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Another problem that happens is that your shoulder seams will gradually work their way from where they belong, to various positions moving down your upper arms!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes.. get a few thin tanks. That will help extend the life of your shirts :-)
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Its gotten to big for ya ... i had a favorite black one kind of low but because of my fat it was where it should be cleavage wise. Here awahile back put it on half my bra was showing as if it was a bathing suit cover or something. You are obviously dong something right. high 5!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would suspect it might be the whole chest/shoulders area are smaller. because it sounds like it's drooping further down than usual, which would mean less shoulder, back, arms, chest, to deal with covering... so yes, an NSV, and also, may be time to invest in some cute camis, a brooch/clip, sew it shut more, or retire the shirt.

This!! Congrats! :drinker: even if it is a favorite shirt I love it when it doesn't fit right anymore, that means I'm doing something right! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You are now too small for that blouse. You don't just lose weight in your bust, waist and tummy. You also lose weight in your shoulders, back, everywhere. Since you lost weight in your shoulders and neck the blouse hangs lower.

You're not losing your mind. You're losing your fat.

A great NSV.
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definite NSV! I've had to go through and replace most of my tops and pin those that I could! Congratulations!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Sounds to me like it's time to get some new clothes. Good for you. That is a great feeling to have. Keep up the great work!
  • fourtwingles
    fourtwingles Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    New to this site. What is NSV?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory - like you can fit back into those smaller pants again or your fave shirt is now too big for you, like the OP. Or even something fitness related like you can now walk 4mph or you signed up for your first 5k and beat the time you hoped for.

When I started losing, it came off my upper body very quickly - upper back, shoulders, neck, chest, and not just boobs but upper chest like where your pectorals start. I used to be very fully in that whole area but it was like it was melting off me! My lower region took a little longer to lose but that kicked in eventually and my pants started getting loose. Your body will do what it wants, there's not much we can do about where we lose first and where we last (unfortunately).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!