I Haven't Eaten...

Options
...cakes, sweets nor chocolate for five days and it's absolute hell!

After spectacularly falling off the clean eating wagon for two weeks I started afresh Monday morning but it's driving me crazy.

I'm like a junkie, I actually have a headache today and I never get headaches!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If it's so hard to stay on the wagon, what's the point of being so restrictive?

Why not just do "everything in moderation"?
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Who said chocolate can't be clean? I love Endangered Species or Green & Black's 70%. The bars with fruit in them are absolutely delicious.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

logic
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    mmmm cake
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a wild stab and say you're doing 1200 cals a day, right?
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I used to get headaches when the doctors took mw off sugar. Sugar withdraw. Why are you not eating chocolate or cakes? I eat a few hersheys kisses every day. It is not what you eat but how much.:flowerforyou:
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    if you are trying to break a sugar addiction then cold turkey may be the best way to go...(I agree with trying to dark, low sugar chocolate)
    In a couple weeks you will feel awesome! just keep it up a little longer. Then its ok to have a sweet occasionally...(although I find the less I eat the less I crave...)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not into punishing myself with food. I'd rather use that ice cream as motivation to push harder at the gym....

But- your life, your body, your choice! I wish you luck! :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I never restrict any food, everything is allow in moderation!!!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I beat the chocolate cravings with a chocolate protein shake. Add a little low-fat milk and ice in the blender and it will resemble a chocolate frosty without the fat and empty calories - yummy!
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    And this is why IIFYM is the way to go.

Have your cake and eat it.

:)
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    Agree that the less sugar I eat the less I want. When I really want sweets, there is always at least 1 person in my friends/family who prefers to split something with me. Went to lunch with three friends this week and we split a piece of peach pie 4 ways. We all had our sugar fix and I didn't feel deprived.
  • APalmieri2012
    APalmieri2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is a vast majority of diets that fail because the consumers deprive themselves of the stuff they crave. They have been eating in such a way for a long time and cutting all of that junk food cold turkey will inevitably lead to a slip up.

Allowing yourself a cheat meal, once in a while is not a bad thing. Slowly work the junk food out of your diet and conciously start making healthier choices. After a while you will notice that your cravings will diminish and when you do splurge on that piece of cake or sweets, then your body will act as if it is a huge intake of suger and you will eat less.

By doing this, and have that small something once in a while it won't be as hellish as cutting it out all together.

Hope that helps!
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif

so. much. win.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yea, not everyone can do "everything in moderation". For some of us, one small piece of cake turns into the whole flippin thing. No offence, but that logic just doesn't work for everyone.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yea, not everyone can do "everything in moderation". For some of us, one small piece of cake turns into the whole flippin thing. No offence, but that logic just doesn't work for everyone.

Well the logic of depriving isn't working either!!
  • michellechawner
    Options

logic

Agreed! I still eat it. And I've lost 13 so far. I also eat pizza and drink wine once in a while. It's called control. If you can not have it for 5 days, then you probably can have it in moderation, you've controlled yourself so far. Same concept.

Or, have a little piece and work your butt off for it.
  • tanyamstrain
    tanyamstrain Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the cocoa roasted almonds - they are a great chocolate fix, plus they are a healthy snack! (1oz (28 almonds) is only 150 Calories per serving size).

I find if I deprive myself of sweets, I crave them more. If you crave a sweet, eat a smaller portion or try to find the healthy version of it. That way you can have your cake and eat it too!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So... maybe you should consider that the method you have chosen for weight loss might not be the right method for you after all. Do some research on other things and reevaluate. Clean-eating isn't the only way to do it.