A device to track CALS burnt off

Options
2»

Replies

• z4dow
    z4dow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fitbit tracks your steps (walking or running), distance, calories burned (from steps plus the calories you need to stay alive, your bmr) and stairs climbed (fitbit one). It doesn't tracks activities like rowing, bicycling, swimming etc.
  • cahtchme
    cahtchme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Does FitBit do the same thing as a bodybugg/bodymedia? Does it track calories when I am sitting on my butt watching TV, using heat sensors and various other things? Or is it basically a glorified pedometer?

Yes fitbit tracks calories when sitting on my but!!! But I can clip it to my bra, can't be doing with something strapped to my chest.

I love it but that's my opinion.

Which model do you have?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use a BodyMedia FIT, so far, it's the most accurate on the market. www.bodymedia.com

Yup, Bodymedia/Bodybugg is 90% accurate and you can wear it all day long to tell you how many calories you really burn, even if it's your lazy day. I love mine.

I'm not buying one of those things until they stop charging a monthly fee on top of the price of the unit.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor.
    Polar FT7.

I bought one off Amazon for ~$70, I love it.

When I walk up to the elliptical at the gym, it 'knows' I'm wearing the HRM and it shows HR on the machine, awesome!
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought the Bodymedia (KI Fit) as I'm in the UK and I love it. Yes theres a monthly fee - but it still works out less than attending weight watchers or similar. I bought mine on ebay and got it at a great price. I love being able to see immediate data about my calorie use, steps etc and can tailor my calorie intake to my deficit target.

I'd recommend them to everyone.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Does FitBit do the same thing as a bodybugg/bodymedia? Does it track calories when I am sitting on my butt watching TV, using heat sensors and various other things? Or is it basically a glorified pedometer?

Yes fitbit tracks calories when sitting on my but!!! But I can clip it to my bra, can't be doing with something strapped to my chest.

I love it but that's my opinion.

It's just a glorified pedometer. Bodymedia/ Bodybug/ kifit have more sensors.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I use a BodyMedia FIT, so far, it's the most accurate on the market. www.bodymedia.com

Yup, Bodymedia/Bodybugg is 90% accurate and you can wear it all day long to tell you how many calories you really burn, even if it's your lazy day. I love mine.

I'm not buying one of those things until they stop charging a monthly fee on top of the price of the unit.

The monthly pee is peanuts. You get what you pay for. It's so much better than fitbit.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Being from the UK as another member just said i cant use the body media technology i don't think. I will invest in a Polar heart rate monitor. Seems to be the way forward.

Thanks for all the replies :D

YES YOU CAN!! Kifit is the same thing.
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Anyone using the Jawbone UP? i just ordered one..hoping I chose the right thing!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Not as accurate as Bodymedia Fit.