WEIGHTS! So tell me yours on 30 DS

Options
I have been so curious! What size weights do you guys use who do the shred?!

I've been doing 8 lbs. For certain moves I think I should be going heavier...for some I think I couldn't do any more than 8. I'm always wondering the average weight of choice for the MFP world.

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I used to use 5lb weights. I no longer do 30 DS though.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've considered if I worked through it again working with 10 and 12, but idk how that would go!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Bumping to see, but if not I'll leave it alone.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lbs, and it's really hard for me! My upper body strength is my biggest weakness. If I do the shred again I might try 5 lbs.
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first go through 30 DS..I used 10lb for the first three days (and I couldn't move for 7 days after). I hurt like a bus hit me. My friend let me borrow 3.3 lbs, but they feel like nothing (yet I'm using them, because i rather do the exercises with less weights, than do it for 2 days and have to take a week off), so i'm going to buy 5 and 8 lbs to get some more work in.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I think I need to buy several, because it would be nice to have a a variety of weights to choose from for different moves.
  • Kymberlee80
    Kymberlee80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use 5lbs and that freakin kills my arms!!! :mad:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I used 5 lbs, but if I do it again I'll probably buy a pair of 8 or 10's.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Seems like 5 in standard!
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use 3kg set, so 1.5kg each. Have just ordered a 5kg set as I think I need to push myself a bit more...will see if it kills me!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I use a mix of 8's and 12's, depending on workout. Compound movements get the 8's, the other ones I use the 12's.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I use a mix of 8's and 12's, depending on workout. Compound movements get the 8's, the other ones I use the 12's.

I think I want to start doing it this way!
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wanted to buy another set, because I usually use 3's otherwise I would do in my shoulders! With shoulder raises I struggle with the 3s, but then anything with biceps it's way too easy.
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When doing the 30DS I started out with the 3lbs (my first workout video ever) and worked up to 5lbs before I ended up stopping the program in level 1. I have now moved onto a different program and just last night bought a set of free weights off kijiji last night. Sweet deal for $.30/lb I couldn't refuse.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread! I just started and wanted to jump in with my 8lbs weights- too much for me! So I grabbed some cans from the pantry to be able to get through a couple of the moves- I am debating on whether to get 3, 4, or 5lbs for the beginning since obviously cans of beans are not doing me any favors, but 8lbs are too much for my lame upper body strength right now.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I use 3, 5 & 8.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I think weekly I'm going to buy a different weight. I definitely want 10's and 12's and I think 5's are always good to have! Especially because after the 30ds I thought I should be doing more heavy duty work.

It's nice to see all the answers. I always wondered. Especially when I see the awesome result threads.
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well my upper-body strength sucks.. but I use 3lb ones from Walmart (they're soft, so nice to use) and 5lb normal type ones. Just depends on what move it is. The 3's feel like nothing, then I use the 5.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I need to invest in some 2.5lb or 3lb weights also. I can't do all the moves with 5lbs either. Especially the frontal raises. Kills my neck actually.

Does anyone know which weights they use in the video? Looks like 2.5 but not sure...
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I need to invest in some 2.5lb or 3lb weights also. I can't do all the moves with 5lbs either. Especially the frontal raises. Kills my neck actually.

Does anyone know which weights they use in the video? Looks like 2.5 but not sure...

she uses 3lbs