More proof that the scale lies! (pics)

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
I took some progress pics today because I was feeling a little discouraged. I was shocked and had to share my results!

Back in February I competed in a pageant and worked hard for months to get in shape for it. I got down to 125 pounds, my goal weight. I posted those "goal weight" pics here feeling very proud. After the pageant, I got a little out of control and gained back up to 133 or so. The past couple of months, I've been back to calorie counting, eating healthy, and working out consistently (I did my first triathlon last week so I trained hard for that!) Still, I'm hovering around 130-131 and can't seem to get below it. I was feeling very frustrated until I took these pictures.

Here are pictures of me at 125 and 130. I'm actually liking my physique better with the extra weight! My stomach looks just as flat (is it just me, or does my waist actually look smaller?), and my boobs and butt look better with the extra weight :happy: I wish I had a better side photo from 125, cause I know my butt did not look this good then.

125:

93NTLTll.jpgu7pAxuVl.jpg

130:

bitWD84l.jpg4F6pAfMl.jpg

And if that wasn't enough for you, here's MORE PROOF. I took these pics of my arm one month apart - May 15 and June 15. I don't think I lost any weight between then - maybe 1 pound - but my arms have DEFINITELY slimmed down. Crazy, huh?

PEV11Nrl.jpg
ovLU0F2l.jpg

BOTTOM LINE: The scale is a liar. It can definitely be a good measure of progress, especially when you're just starting out. But once you get to a healthy weight and you just want to progress yourself aesthetically, throw your scale out the window. Seriously.

:heart:

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You definitely look stronger. Great job!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! :) Great pics! I'm in the same boat...got down to goal weight and gained back 5, but feel better than ever! Keep up the awesome work!
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    agreed. track progress by the mirror, not the scale. i'm only down 8 pounds the last 3 months, but i look much different
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Great job !!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    GREAT change in your arms! You can definitely see the difference and you look fabulous! (:
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    agreed. track progress by the mirror, not the scale. i'm only down 8 pounds the last 3 months, but i look much different

And judging by your profile picture, you look awesome! Great job!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    All the pics look awesome! If I had to pick I would go with 130. Now to let my iPad cool off after looking at those smokin' hot pics! :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    that's awesome lauren!! hell yeah you can totally tell, you look banging in both but at a higher weight you do look slimmer. the scale is a filthy liar. i used to be an obsessive weigher but part of my recovery i'm just going by how i look and feel, and how my clothes fit. i have gained as well went up from 101 to not sure but prolly around 106 now and my stomach actually does look flatter, i've just been focusing on toning as well like you are. keep up the great work and i definitely need to toss my scale out the damn window!! you looked great in your pagent pictures too but you can see the progress and you definitely have been working hard because it shows! :drinker:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    You look great! I think I need to start taking photos because I also get discouraged really easily, but I know that my body has changed. Your hard work is paying off!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Looking good great job it is always great to take pictures of your progress so you can do what you just did and see your hard work and that will keep motivating you to keep going strong good luck. Train insaine or remaine the same
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You can definitely see more definition in the "heavier" pics.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, and you are NOT fat... My Lord... great job! :)
  • missdoomcookie
    Options
    Like others have said, you're clearly more muscular and muscle is heavy. You looked gorgeous then and look gorgeous now, though! :)
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wow- I remember seeing your success story and you looked gorgeous. But you do look way firmer and more fit now- awesome body. Thank you for sharing your continued success!
  • cplate
    cplate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post today.... I have being feeling frustrated since the scale is not moving... actually gained 2 lbs over the past few weeks. I think I am slimming down by taking off some inches. I guess I need to measure it by talking some photos....

By the way... congrats. Your hard work is paying off!
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just spent a fortune on my scale...:sad:
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    Thank you all! Yeah, I knew muscle was more dense than fat and the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. I honestly didn't think I was gaining any muscle, though! I was training for a traithlon, so that was mostly cardio. I also did the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program which does have a lot of strength training, but it was generally high-rep low-weight type stuff. Which is the opposite of what I'm used to, because I normally go for strength programs like Stronglifts 5x5. I really wasn't expecting to see any results, but these photos tell a different story!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yep you look amazing...and so much tighter on the 130 picture....Thanks for the encouragement for the scale watchers and myself...Don't care myself for the sucker..bahaha
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I agree I got down to my goal weight then put on 4lbs but everyone asks me if I lost weight.. I believe my waist is even
    smaller though I gained weight. I just feel fitter than when I am 165 I just feel to skinny.
    The 131 lb pics are fantastic.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    You look hot both ways! Great work though!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!