Any other women here who WANT to lose weight in their chest?

Options
(Sorry if this is not the right board for this question.) I hear that for a lot of women it's the first thing to go, which is a problem for many, but I'd LOVE to lose weight there. As I go through others' progress pics, I see some who lose in proportion to everything else, and others who don't seem to lose at all (I hope that's not me!)

So - anyone in the same boat? If so - have you been successful? I'm not sure it exists - but does anyone know of anything that might help that process?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I was in that boat, yes. I have gone from a 42G to a 36DD (and those will soon be a little too big). Honestly, running has done the most to shrink them. I think it's self-preservation from all the bouncing LOL. I have fantastic sports bras, and don't feel like they're bouncing, but they still are.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Me Me Me!!! I'm new to this process (28 pounds) and I've noticed a slight difference, but not enough to change bra size yet. Any hints (Gosh I hate running :wink: ) will be taken under advisement.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump - my bumps could do with a little shrinkage.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Even at my highest weight, my top half was never that big as I carried the majority of the fat on my butt and my stomach, unfortunately; so I've always had problems finding clothes that didn't have a huge load of excess space where other women had something to be proud of (ever tried finding an A cup over a 36" ?)

So, as I lose fat, I'm looking forward to finding more stuff that actually fits, and, even though that means I won't have the massive rack that some women (and men) feel is so important, being smaller up top is another positive for me, especially as it'll be combined with losing the majority of my most hated place - my tummy.
  • jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options
    Amen to this! I have to wear two sports bras to run, and that is just having a D cup. It is a ridiculous expense to buy several expensive sports bras to wear them out 2 at a time. I can't wait to lose some weight up there. Also, because I am tired of not being able to get into some stretches in yoga because I can't reach around my breasts.
  • pjsdj
    pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ladies!!!! Hate this!!! I'm a natural 36F!!!! Hate yoga and running because of it !
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one! Jesuison - I feel your pain about wearing two bras. Once I figured out how much easier it was to work out with two bras on, my life changed! lol And I even wear two bras during my normal daily activities now. I always wondered if how we feel with two bras is how smaller-chested women feel all the time! It must be great haha

Omma_to_3 - thanks for the advice! I'm going to start running soon, I've found it's a little difficult at my current weight. I hope it works!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Breast reduction surgery. Seriously. There's absolutely no way to spot reduce.

I lost weight years ago, and my breast size only wend down one cup size (after 50 pounds). After having my daughter, every time I've lost weight, the girls stay put, or my cup size increases. Down 25 pounds and they've stayed the same size, proportionally.
  • kathyhamiltonn
    kathyhamiltonn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gone from a DD to a D, that makes me very happy. Would love to drop another size. I am now able to wear an EX Large blouse, instead of looking for the 2X's.....Good feeling, and better selection
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I began at a DD and stayed at a DD even after losing 44 pounds..

I'd love to have them a bit smaller so I don't look like I'm going to tip over every 14 seconds (:
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Feel free to give me any of your leftovers..... Momma needs a New Pair of Twins!!!!!! :smile:
  • oceanmistcali
    oceanmistcali Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    me!!

I went from a 46D down to a 38C

3 years ago I began at 250 pounds and am currently at 176 pounds.
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    While I do love my boobs, I wouldn't mind going down from my DD to a C. NO LESS!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I did but i wound up having a breast reduction, best decision i ever made!
  • oceanmistcali
    oceanmistcali Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks for the idea I never thought of doing this. the ones I wear don't give the support I may have to try this on payday wearing two sports bras. thanks for the idea.
    Amen to this! I have to wear two sports bras to run, and that is just having a D cup. It is a ridiculous expense to buy several expensive sports bras to wear them out 2 at a time. I can't wait to lose some weight up there. Also, because I am tired of not being able to get into some stretches in yoga because I can't reach around my breasts.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Have finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter either way. :heart:
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    started off as a DD, and am now a happy C :) Still have my curves, and I can always use a pushup if I need the extra umpf!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I was a 34DD and I'm not a 32DD. I am not complaining at all; doesn't seem like a big difference but I have a small frame. Looking back on pictures of myself where I'm 20 pounds heavier and wow.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I went the reduction way...Naturally pre-kids 34D, post kids and 4 years of breast feeding 34F...and that was after getting back down to 135lbs. So 4 years ago I did the surgery...best thing I've EVER done in my life. Its always amazes me your upper back isn't supposed to hurt all the time. :noway: So post surgery I went to 34D...but after losing the rest of my weight (though I still have 15lbs to go) I had to go up to 34DD to get the proper fit. Honestly I'd be happy with a 34A...but it is what it is...and bf likes it...so whatevs.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ugh, would love to have lost more up there. I lost 120 pounds and went down1 cup size, now the band size is a different story. 34 G is not the easiest thing to find, and when I do I have to spend a fortune. I have also been wearing 2 bras when I run or jump rope, so pretty much all the time at the gym.

Looking into breast reduction. I was talking to a male friend of mine and he told me I should wait on that and told me to just look at a lift, I don't think he understands the problems they cause and how much they get in the way. Although some of my girlfriends agree with him....the grass is always greener.