how much cals should i be burning? PLEASE HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Asbomar
    Asbomar Posts: 10
    Options
    my TDEE days 2402 cal/day

BMF says 1513.25

what does this mean?

If you calculated your TDEE correctly (would include your exercise) then that is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure...this is the total energy (calories) that your body burns in a day.

BMF I am assuming is actually BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate. This is what your body burns calorie wise just breathing, pumping your heart, etc. This is the number of calories your body burn just being alive, even if you were in a coma and did nothing else.

I'm not going to go into the whole starvation mode **** because it's been beaten to death and is widely misunderstood...but really, what this means is that you can net a whole lot more than the 800 calories you're netting now and still lose weight in a safe and healthy manner.

Essentially, you could gross around 1,900 calories and lose about 1 Lb per week. Gross around 1,650 calories and lose 1.5 Lbs per week. If this is accurate, it wouldn't appear that you should go any faster than that to avoid going below your BMR. Eating below your BMR really isn't healthy and is completely unnecessary.

wow 1650? i barely know what to eat for 1200-1300 lol
    but worth a try. thanks so much for you help! Everyones help really :):)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

whay did you come up with?

if this is right i should ne eating about 1500 day then?

I got 2000-ish for your TDEE, from which a 20% deficit is 400 calories, so eating 1600 a day should give a sustained weight loss approaching 1 lb/week. In the early weeks you can probably eat a bit less and lose a bit faster, as you are now.
  • Asbomar
    Asbomar Posts: 10
    Options

whay did you come up with?

if this is right i should ne eating about 1500 day then?

I got 2000-ish for your TDEE, from which a 20% deficit is 400 calories, so eating 1600 a day should give a sustained weight loss approaching 1 lb/week. In the early weeks you can probably eat a bit less and lose a bit faster, as you are now.

okay thank you so much!