2 NSV for me

Options
Went to visit my Aunts and a few cousins. They all noticed how I lost weight. Asked me what I was doing to get the weight off and told me I looked good.

Then after my cousin and I went to another Aunt's house to pick up a cake she made. My Aunt said are you having cake. I said no thank you. She said oh now that you lost weight..you think you can never eat cake. Cause your to cute now. I laughed and told her no it had a cool whip frosting and I can't do dairy. I said if I eat that..then I am going to call you crying cause I am sick.

But if it had been any type of cake. I already had decided I wasn't eating it. Just made it easier to by pass the comments from my Aunt since it had Dairy in it.

Replies

• NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Those are great motivational NSV's!!!!

I never understand why those close to us who support us on our journeys to be healthier people also try to sabotage us either knowingly or just without thinking about it?
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes they seriously are just ignorant. My husband loves me to the ends of the earth and wants me to be happy. He's also a trained chef (not in the industry any longer) and gets really excited about whatever "diet" I'm on. He likes the challenge of creating something within my parameters. But then, he doesn't understand that when he makes bready, bacon-y, melty, cheesy goodness, cut into little bite size pieces and snuggles up next to me on the couch.........UGH! It's torture!!

I just don't think most people think much about anything. Which is fine because I know some people that really just over think EVERYTHING and that's crazy-pants.

And, at the same time, is wonderful when they notice and you know all the hard work has paid off. Congratulations to you for denying the cake and for your family reaffirming you. That's awesome!