I want to LOSE weight to get LOOSE clothing!

suzi67
suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
I know it's nitpicking and all, but it's the inner English teacher in me... I keep seeing people posting that they want to loose weight. Spell check doesn't catch it, but in my OCD state, I do. That spelling is for something that is not tight. I even found the mistake on an exercise website. Just had to get that off my chest, I am now off my soapbox!

Replies

• Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    I'm an editor so I can relate. You put it out there, so we can both feel better now, lol. Good luck to you!
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    English Professor's daughter here... Been driving me nuts as well! :blushing:
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    OMG! Thank you so much for pointing that out. It drives me crazy, too.
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Lol, the inner English teacher, too funny. Now the rest of us should be on alert .
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Thank you! I usually double check my own before I post & get so upset when I forget an "s" or correct punctuation. I'm not an English major or really OCD, but I love to read a lot of books and always lose my concentration when there is a spelling or grammatical error (I know that's not right, but I can't help it!).

PS - not to totally throw anyone off-track: there is a difference between their and there plus hear and here, too!
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Thank you so much for pointing this out; I'm a grammar and spelling nut as well and this drives me crazy! Also:

YOUR is possessive. You use it when talking about YOUR diet or YOUR measurements!

YOU'RE is a contraction for you are, as in YOU'RE doing a great job working toward YOUR goals!

ITS is possessive, as in "That meal looks great, but ITS sodium content is really high."

IT'S is a contraction for it is, as in "It's a great day for a run!"
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you for saying what has been driving me nuts for weeks.

I also keep seeing people talking about how they "want to loss weight". Bah.

I'm glad I'm not alone :)
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    aaaaaaaaa-men!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    " "YOUR is possessive. You use it when talking about YOUR diet or YOUR measurements!

YOU'RE is a contraction for you are, as in YOU'RE doing a great job working toward YOUR goals!

ITS is possessive, as in "That meal looks great, but ITS sodium content is really high."

IT'S is a contraction for it is, as in "It's a great day for a run!" "

Thank You sooooooooo much. That is on of my biggest pet peeves, using the wrong form of a word.

p.s. I want to lose weight to get tighter clothing. I tend to hide under baggy pants sweatshirts and jackets. I can't wait to show off in skinny jeans and a tank top. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.