Can't tell if this is a NSV or I'm losing my mind

Options
2»

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    NSV For Sure!!!:drinker: CONGRATULATIONS!!

If you really like the blouse you can have it altered (although I would wait awhile so you only have to do it Once, LOL!!) or just add a Cute Button to call attention to that Little Detail.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Reina,
    You've lost 23# lady, that's at least 2 clothing sizes!! Put that top in the yard sale bag and but something that fits. Big NSV to you!! Awesome!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! And I just saw an email that Old Navy has summer dresses on sale tomorrow (Saturday, June 22) for $8. Clothes that fit: here I come!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    you ARE S H R I N K I N G !!!!! YAYAY. I shrank through some clothes cause I figured they wouldn't fit and by the time I tried them on, they were way too small!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG.. Same thing happened to me just last night. I put on a favorite and I was flashing everyone!!! Safety pins in my car and purse to the rescue. I'm happy and sad at the same time.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Total nsv!!! It's still a little sad when your favorite clothes don't fit anymore but at least it's for the right reasons!! Congrats on losing the inches!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I loved and appreciated everyone's comments, and youv'e certainly all convinced me!
    Reina,
    You've lost 23# lady, that's at least 2 clothing sizes!! Put that top in the yard sale bag and but something that fits. Big NSV to you!! Awesome!

I really enjoyed this one, lol.. Hadn't really thought of it like that, but makes sense!

I found today that yet another one of my frequent go-to shirts is also sinking a bit low in the V-neck area -- for the first time, had to wear a tank-top under it.

I agree with those who mentioned sucky it is, on one hand, to no longer be able to fit some of your long most-favorite clothes but at the same time how freaking GREAT it also is! I'll have to decide when to start shopping for new, better-fitting stuff again and, in the meantime, just how in the world I'm gonna make the current/old stuff work.

Thanks, btw, for all of the great ideas and suggestions!
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    Options
    [accidentally double-posted; this one can be deleted]
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Being a newer member I don't feel too stupid asking: what's an "NSV"? I get that it's something good, but what do the letters stand for?
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    Options
    Being a newer member I don't feel too stupid asking: what's an "NSV"? I get that it's something good, but what do the letters stand for?

Nope, definitely not stupid. I think every new person in these communities have to ask or somehow find out another way.

It's non-scale victory :) Like your clothes becoming too big for you, your having more energy, noticing more muscle on your body, being able to turn down junkfood, losing inches from your body, etc. -- basically, any kind of weight-loss victory that doesn't come from the scale (especially in knowing the scale can sometimes fail...or, rather, mislead and frustrate).
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Hey, Lady, you're shrinking! No, really! You are losing inches, and that is going to affect how your clothes fit. I have a really cute pink shift dress. A couple of years ago, it was too tight. This summer I put it on and it looks like a gunny sack - plus the lining shows beneath the hem. I'm not sure if I should try to alter it or just give it away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!