Not loosing weight !

Options
So I started around 2 1/2 the first week I lost 4 pounds which was probably water weight. But now I have been doing cardio and strength training and I have not lost anything yet. How many calories am I supposed to burn in a week to loose weight?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    So I started around 2 1/2 the first week I lost 4 pounds which was probably water weight. But now I have been doing cardio and strength training and I have not lost anything yet. How many calories am I supposed to burn in a week to loose weight?

If you're using the MFP set up and you entered your information honestly you already have a deficit built in without doing any exercise. Are you eating back the calories you're burning so you keep your original deficit?
  • mruiz628
    mruiz628 Posts: 5
    Options
    I actually lost a pound today. I am keeping track of everything, I am eating around 1200 calories day and burning on exercise around 200-300 calories a day. I guess its just coming off slowly, I do feel my clothes getting a little looser.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Losing*
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    You didn't gain it overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. If you want to lose 1 pound a week, you need to have a deficit of 3,500 calories for that week. That being said, there are many other factors at play and everything from humidity to your hormone cycle will have an effect on the number the scale spits out. Give it time, the goal is long-term progress.
  • MisterE76
    MisterE76 Posts: 5
    Options
    Losing*

Way to add value.

mruiz... keep doing the right things; eat well, exercise, log all foods honestly and the numbers will equal weight reduction over time. Don't be discouraged, this is a long journey!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Give it longer.....stay consistent and be patient. You lost 4 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks? That's not bad at all. Be proud of the progress that you have made so far, and let that motivate you to continue towards your goals! Best of luck! And Congrats to you for the 4 lbs loss! :smile:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think that the whole thing here is journaling all of your foods and keep up the exercise. A little casual exercise never did it for me. And it's long-term. Your body has to adjust to this. It's going to be tiny, sometimes infinitesimal losses over time, which add up.

As one of my MFP's said recently, "If you can't do it for a week, what makes you think you could do it for a lifetime."

Be in it for your lifetime and let it happen.

Oh, and take measurements and photos NOW. You will want to see them for comparison later. Believe me on this.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight, your pants will be loose.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Another key ingredient to losing weight is Patience. You didn't gain all that weight in a week, a month or even two months, so don't expect to lose all that weight that quickly. You seem to be doing alright with food and exercise (strength training + cardio wtg!), so just keep at it, stay committed and be patient!

You are a work in progress, enjoy the journey, it reaps more (health) benefits than that (temporary) joy you get from that scale number. :) All the best!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever "loosed" weight..has anyone else?
  • shimmer615
    shimmer615 Posts: 55
    Options
    I don't think I have ever "loosed" weight..has anyone else?

I suppose you're perfect? I usually just don't say anything, but comments like these are so uncalled for.