Protein powder sans blender...

Options
Hello all! I'm interested in giving protein powder a shot. The thing is, I have a limited kitchen at this time and it has nothing blender-like. I'd prefer not to buy a blender because I move around a lot and like to limit the amount of stuff I have to deal with.

Are there a lot of good stir-in protein powder food options out there? I've tried whey protein and am not a fan of the taste, but I'm not picky about anything else- yogurt, fruit, veggies, peanut butter, I love it all!

The reason this is important to me is I used to be vegetarian and would like to return, but am still trying to build muscle/lose fat. Any input is appreciated!

Replies

• gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition + Blender Bottle = Winning
  • jujunnaichi
    Options

This + cubed/crushed ice + greek yogurt + vigorous shaking
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Not all blender bottles are created equal. I had to return mine. Read the reviews carefully.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I'd go with Dymatize over ON every time.
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I hadn't done any research on blender bottles.
  • sukti
    sukti Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dont use Protein powder myself. But my husband does. All he uses is 1 Scoop of Whey Protein (vanilla)and milk.
    We use an empty jam container. I put in the powder in a well dried jam container fill half the container with cold milk and give it a good vigourous shake.(Like a Martini shake) Its cold, frothy and feels like melted icecream. He adds more milk and drinks it out of the jam container.
    He likes only the vanilla flavour Whey protein.
    Hope this helps.