burned calories

Options
should burned calories be used as part of daily calorie intake?

Replies

• kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    everyone i know whos a personal trainer would say yes but I try not to
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yes. MFP adds them to your goal for a reason.
  • msimswil
    msimswil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    everyone i know whos a personal trainer would say yes but I try not to
    Yes. MFP adds them to your goal for a reason.
    Could you explain more, please? I'm still confused about this. If I eat healthily (which I'm doing for the first time ever), exercise well, and end up with a big calorie deficit, how is that bad? If I were HUNGRY I'd understand, but I actually feel really good.
  • kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you have a minimum of calories you have to take in per day so your organs don't shut down, when you dont make up for the burned cals from exercise, the cals u burned in ur workout are used for the energy you needed but are deducted from keeping essential functions of your body going. that's why people die from anorexia.
    from my own experience... this is probably TMI but i for example stopped getting my period for almost a year because of undereating .. just an example.
    however, on days where i burn a lot of calories i do have a hard time making up for them.
    hope this helped.
  • Zebukiel
    Zebukiel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you feel good?
    Are you hungry?
    Are you loosing weight?

Assuming all these are positive answers, I wouldn't worry about it. If / when something changes... Your no longer loosing.. Your hungry all the time.. You don't feel well.. then I'd start to worry.

There is plenty of opinions on the matter that support both sides, and both sides of decent facts / medical trails n such to back up each side of the story.

Everyone is different, and everyone will loose a little different than the next guy in my opinion of course. Which is only backed up by the fact that I am loosing and I am happy. hehe