Dia-poopis of the blow hole

Options
Okay, this topic is a little disgusting but I have to bring it up as I am a little concerned.

Over the last week or so, I've been excessively defecating. I'm talking like 3 - 4 times a day. And they're not small amounts, closer to normal to sometimes a bit excessive. Aside from a steak dinner on Saturday of last week, I haven't been doing any excessive eating. In fact, my eating of late has been excellent.

To give you all an idea of my daily meals:

Breakfast: cereal (2 cups) and sometimes with fruit

Lunch: apple, orange, pear

snack: 30 grams of baby carrots

dinner: usually something small, within 500-700 calories, like maybe a burger (and that's it) or a small bowl of spagetti (2 cups).

Normally, I go once or twice a day, but now the frequency is doubled, and the umm...amount(?) is the same per movement.

While I appreciate the loss of weight (less poop = less weight) I'm a little worried that something might be wrong.

P.S.

On that note, I've been talking with a few friends who have suggested an enema. Not in regards to the above topic, but they extolled the health benefits. Anyone with any experience/knowledge of them and their pros and cons?

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more fruit and fiber than you normally do? I see a lot in what you listed. If your body isn't used to it, that could definitely cause the problem you've described.
  • AdamBrown1974
    Options
    I've thought about that, and yes, I am eating more fruits and veggies lately. That would account for going to the bathroom more often, but I would expected the amount to be smaller per movement which isn't happening. It's staying more or less the same, so I'm eliminating say 1.5 to twice the amount that I normally do.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The fiber in the fruits and veggies is not digestible and will increase the volume and frequency. When I switched from a standard diet to a vegan diet the same thing happened to me.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You're having one BM per meal, which is good. Unless you're having other symptoms I wouldn't worry.

ETA: Enemas are good if you're constipated
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    As long as things aren't unusual (signs of blood, diarrhea, etc.) I wouldn't worry. It's normal to "do the 2" more than once per day. Think of it this way: how many times do you eat per day? Maybe a change in lifestyle as others have mentioned is the cause.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sounds like what happens to me when I star eating Mini-Wheats for breakfast.

On a side, I hope at least ONE of your friends took the opportunity to say, "Man, I told you that you were full of sh1t!".
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If you just started a new diet, it could just be all the crap (literally) from what you used to eat that is leaving your system. If it doesn't get better in another week or so, maybe go see a doctor. But it's def. normal to poop more when you switch up your diet, especially if its high in fibre.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the title of your thread is outstanding! 5-Stars!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Are you certain it is the same amount? Did you weigh it?
  • AdamBrown1974
    Options
    Oh, and the title of your thread is outstanding! 5-Stars!

Haha...thanks. It's the phrase my dad uses for verbal diarrhea i.e. when someone is talking *kitten*. It seemed appropriate.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I bet you feel better now after unloading all of that.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Are you certain it is the same amount? Did you weigh it?

JUX PEAL IT FURST DEN WAY IT
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Your lunch and snacks are mainly fiber which is not easily digested. They pass through the body and can increase the volume and frequency of defecation.
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Check out the amount of fibre in your cereal, too. Sometimes it can be really high. If you start to get unpleasant symptoms from too much fibre, I'd switch up my breakfast before I'd lose the fruits and veg.

Oh, and keep in mind the fibre per serving size. 2 cups of cereal is probably at least two servings.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Healthy diets do that. They do it even more when they're first being started.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    epic subject line...
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    LOL. The subject was irresistible.

Don't take an enema. That'll make it worse. Your system is doing what it should. Enjoy the light, breezy feeling.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I asked for an enema before I gave birth so I wouldn't poop in my doctor's face. You're obviously not having trouble pooping, so why would you need an enema? Like CJMQ said, your system is doing what it should. I can't believe I almost missed a poop thread! :bigsmile: I love your title. :drinker: