What can I do on the days I'm not doing C25K?

Options
Hearndt
Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
I'm about to finish 6w6p and would love to start Couch 2 5K however it's only three days a week so I'm trying to find another workout that I can do for 3 days each week (allowing for one rest day). Most of the one's I've seen are 5-6 day a week workouts. I work full time and have a 14 month old, an 8 year old and a husband who all need my attention as well so about 30-40 minutes a day is all I can manage! Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Got a smart phone and some dumbbells? Grab the Nike Training Club app - free and loaded with awesome workouts from 15 - 45 minutes long. When I was doing c25k I did NTC workouts in between c25k days. In fact I still do - three days running, three days NTC, one day off.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like hubby needs some re-training! :laugh:

Do you have a pool near by? A safe place to ride a bike? Both are great cross training activities for runners. I haven't seen the NTC app that AmyRhubarb referred to but strength training also complements your running.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 of c25k and have been doing the 30 shred videos on the off days (on my days off work I sometimes double up and do video in morning and run in afternoon)

The video is only 25 mins long, and free on youtube. Plus all you need is some hand weights.

Seems to be working for me so far - however I would much rather be running everyday. The videos are tough...in a love/hate kind of way ;)
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll check out the Nike Training Club and see what that's all about!