Black Bean Brownies! (Trust me they are excellent)

Options

Replies

• angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I ADORE a blackbean burgers so I suspect this is delicious!!! Thx for the recipe -- will be making FO SURE! :)
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I posted this recipe a couple of weeks ago, Iv been wanting to try them so bad ( gluten free) but i cannot find black beans anywhere in aus!!

You can order black beans online from www.iherb.com. I live in Korea and get a lot of stuff from them that I can't get in my little city. Delivery is fast and cheap (if they deliver to you.)

Use my code QEP304 to get $10 off an order of $40 or more and $5 off a smaller order.
    http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=QEP304
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    adding flax to the brownies make the texture denser, a win! in my book, even if you're making a traditional recipe
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    nasty............ill eat a 100 calerie snack pack

HAHA....you sound like my teenage son. He came out while I was cooking black beans one night and says "OMG what is that, looks disgusting". I said, it's black beans, he says "I don't want that"...I said "You've never had them".

Later that night, I say "dinner's ready", he comes out of his hole (teenager rooms are like a deep dark dungeon), he sees burritos I've made and says "You didn't use that gross stuff earlier did you?". I said, "not in yours, just mine and moms". He eats em up....comes back and says "Those were great dad"...I say "See you do like black beans". He just turned around and went back into his room without saying a word.

Dad Wins!

LOVE it!
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I've tried them before... they are okay. The texture is not much like a brownie though. It's more like a custard or like an old-fashioned type of pudding.

This ^^ They are not bad but I wouldn't call them 'brownies' - the texture isn't quite right. Personally I rather just eat a real brownie and either burn it off or just eat less other stuff that day.
  • shannonerdelyi
    shannonerdelyi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sub avocado for the oil and we're in business
  • snelson1966
    snelson1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how necessary the 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso is? I'm not really a coffee fan and would prefer not to buy a whole box of instant coffee for one recipe.
  • heatherdevine77
    heatherdevine77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for posting this. i think ill make these today. how hard would it be to add protein powder and up the protein intake? hmm....

of and jennadelane, the coffee is for flavor, doesnt affect the baking. go without it if you dont want it!
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks ChasnPvmnt for that alternate recipe! Will be making these tonight.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For a quicker version of these without the oil rinse a can of black beans, but them back in the can and fill to the top with water. Puree the beans and water until there are no lumps and mix with a box of brownie mix... No eggs, no oil, no additional water and they come out really good...

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

They are excellent and you never know that beans are in there!

Another great alternative is to use a can of pure pumpkin. Yuuuuummmmm!!!!! Both options are delish!
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to mention, make sure you pick up Reduced Sodium beans, I use the Goya brand as they have some of the better overall stats. And make sure you get beans that don't have onions listed in the ingredients! Just beans, water and salt.

I just put a batch of these in the oven not 1 minute ago! I might rather eat the batter than the finished product!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how necessary the 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso is? I'm not really a coffee fan and would prefer not to buy a whole box of instant coffee for one recipe.
    no worries, coffee is definitely optional. when baking, things like salt, baking powder or baking soda are not optional. things for flavoring can always be omitted or substituted.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • katygirl66
    katygirl66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TrinaHouse
    TrinaHouse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I will definitely try these!
  • jillby10
    jillby10 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump