sketchers tone up flip flops

Options
what do u all think of sketchers tone up flip flops ? do u believe they really help tone the leg and butt muscles ? going on hols and expecting to do a lot of walking so thinking of buying some of these !

Replies

• navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend them for comfort nothing else!!!
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs and love them!! I have RA and it helps with that. As for toning...not sure if they do alot, but they are by far the most comfortable flip flops and I live in flip flops.
  • amanda30ronan
    Options
    thanks guys , at least i will be confortable walking all day in them lol just bought some off ebay £26 ! bargain !!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mine are probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned! But I don't think they do anything for shaping and toning your legs. The first day I wore mine my legs were a little sore but I haven't felt that way since and haven't noticed any change in the tone of my legs.

I took mine on vacation and did tons of walking; they were more comfy and much cooler than my tennis shoes. I even wear mine to the track to walk sometimes and on the treadmill if I'm just doing a leisurely pace.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't have the flip flops, I have the runners. They are also extremely comfortable but I found that if I wore them too much when I first got them I ended up with a really sore back and legs. They change your posture. However, I was also about 7 months pregnant when I first got them, so that may have had something to do with it. After a while the pain went away and I had no trouble wearing them. And in my case, I did get more toned legs and butt. Not as much as I have gotten with my new fitness program, but there was a noticeable difference.
    My suggestion is to also bring regular flip flops so that you can switch back and forth between them just in case wearing the shape ups all day gets a little rough.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you want to buy them because you like the way they look or they're comfortable then go for it, but it's not very realistic to expect a pair of shoes to "tone" you up. Only the combination of resistance training and fat loss will make you "tone". Just my two cents. :smile:
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    i have them for walking, at work i can't say they improve your butt and legs but i can say it improves posture i have less back pain after 12 hours of work than i used to and they are very comfortable well worth the money, like walking on sand.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    an episode of dr oz talked about the toner sneakers..said they do NOT work
  • amanda30ronan
    Options
    ok thanks everyone . think they will be worth it just for the comfort aspect anyway , no that bothered about toning me up lol

although if your legs ached at first then they must of done something to tone your muscles ?
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have the Shoes for Crews Stay Fits. (Way cheaper than the name brands BTW) I've had them for about 2 weeks, and I have a bit of muscle soreness every night when I take them off. My hubby tells me my butt is looking perkier, I don't really notice a difference. Most comfortable work shoes ever though!

From my small understanding of engineering, the difference between them and regular shoes is probably only significant enough to make only a small difference for people who wear them all day every day. I don't think wearing them just a few hours at a time would have a noticeable effect.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Skechers shape-ups (boots), and a pair of Fit Flops (these are not made by skechers, but the design is similar). I loved the skechers boots for comfort, and I'll probably get myself another pair next winter (the ones I have are ok but they introduced a new style I prefer after I bought mine). For the Fit flops they're comfy now that I've worn them in, but when I first got them I had some in-between-the-toe soreness. I did not experience any "toning" from either shoes, and I walk A LOT (no car, live downtown). If you are ok with the look of them and are just looking for a comfortable shoe then I'd recommend them.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    They are extremely comfortable and great for posture.
  • schoen185
    Options
    I have a pair of walkers and flip flops but they are both from Payless (MUCH less expensive). I think that the actual brand name is champion? They were $30 for the shoes and the fit flops were half off at $10 so it was a decent deal. I've had them for about two months and LOVE them both. I have really felt my butt toning up but I wear mine all the time - for my workouts I wear the walkers and for everything else I wear the flip flops. They are also very comfy.
  • amanda30ronan
    Options
    my sketchers tone ups came today and theyre fab !!! wore them around the house for a while to wear them in ready for my walkathons on my hols !! lol
  • suzie1983
    Options
    i love them...my mom turned me onto them...i can defiantly feel a difference while out running or walking...i feel less impact on my not so great knees