Anyone starting C25K this week?

Options
Hi all,

Just been out and done Day 1 of C25K - it was 5am and raining but got out of the house quick enough! Didn't find it too bad although my ankes were a bit sore - putting that down to the 198lb strain on them!

Is anyone else starting this week? Looking for motivation - it was my goal once I got under 200lbs to start and I really want to see this though. :smile:

Replies

• Yena1984
    Yena1984 Posts: 1
    Options
    Heya - I was planning to start on Monday, but I might try to start out tomorrow instead, its cold and rainy here, but I guess that just means less people on the path seeing me sweating everywhere! Haha :) Let's do this - tomorrow morning... maybe 7am (Saturday after all), I'll get the first one in.

I was going to use a smartphone app - which one are you using? Or are you doing this another way?
  • eenbloempje
    eenbloempje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. Being a very inexperienced runner, i have run the first training twice. Then last monday i did half of the first and half of the second training. That worked. Wanted to do the same thing again yesterday, but ended up running half of the first training, and ALL of the second trainng. I must be progressing, even though in my head i was still the ultimate beginner!
    Also, for the first time ever, yesterday I went out even though it was raining (a bit). Before, that would have stopped me, but now it turned out it was actually very refreshing..

I'm using a Dutch podcastseries, called start to run. Every mp3 is one training, and consists of music to run to, and a trainer telling me when to run and when to walk. Works very well for me..

For now, i can honestly say that i'm loving it and i hope to be able to finish the complete c25k training..
    Good luck to you too!
  • vicksg1973
    vicksg1973 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi - I did the first run on Monday. Not at 5am though - that's impressive! Planning another today, then another tomorrow. Not ideal to do two days in a row, but its just the way it worked out.

I use the RunDouble app. I love the fact you don't have to think about timings and all that - just do as you're told by the nice man in the app!

I used to be able to run 5k fairly easy. I even ran 10k without stopping once - I find that hard to believe now! But then I got Plantar Fasciitis (foot problem) and coupled with putting on weight means my running ability is now almost zilch.

If you like, add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated.
  • mbar2010
    mbar2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've got the RunDouble app for my android and it lets me play my own playlist in the background while giving cues to walk/run etc. I also have MapMyRun running too so I can track the full distance of my outing - the c25k app stopped calculating my distance when the run was over but I still had 15 mins until home.

Going to have a rest day tomorrow and go out again on Sunday - I work 12 hour shifts and have a 10 month old wee girl so have to work round them :)
  • CatAbiOli
    CatAbiOli Posts: 16
    Options
    I want to try this but on a treadmill as I don't have the chance to go out and run due to small children. I would love to be able to run but at 16 stone it doesn't seem the best thing to do!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 2 with RunDouble. Not quite a fan of how it 'tracks' my calories burned (it says I burned 700cals, but my FitBit said 255), but I love how it lets me create a playlist and the audio cues for my pace, distance, and when I'm halfway through the workout. It's awesome for the use I'm getting out of it.

P.S. I've never ran a day in my life before this and I've got 317lb on my knees (one with a torn PCL) and ankle.. so expect the pain, but as I told myself.. if it's tolerable -- push through it!!
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I attempted to start yesterday but my app quit working half way through!! I just finished my third jog and it says "your workout is now complete" and quit. I was so mad!
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 on monday! I use Pandora for my music and RunDouble to track my intervals. I found that the rundouble app would crash if I tried to use it in combination with google music.

As incentive to keep it up, I have already signed up for my first 5k in my home town on July 20. It is amazing how that knowledge can be a kick in the butt when the alarm goes off at 5:45am and all I want to do is roll over and go back to sleep!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

The group forum listed above is pretty active and supportive if any of you wish to join it.
  • EqualLove
    EqualLove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im starting today! i downloaded the couch-to-5k app for $2 on my iphone and plan on using pandora for music.
    I will be on a treadmil though so we will see what happens!
    Also- i'm not a runner :p
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started this program twice. Plan to start it again next week. Thanks for the info regarding the app!
  • owl8282
    owl8282 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, 5am is impressive! I started this morning. It wasn't too bad, a bit warm and humid outside, but I made it. I use the C25K app for walk/run cues and the MyTracks App to keep tack of my speed/distance. I might go at a bit of a slower pace than the C25K program. A friend of mine uses the Zombie Run app and has had a lot of success with that one as well.

I think its a good idea to sign up for a 5K so you have a goal to work towards. Im doing a Twin 5K in August with my twin sister. Super excited! I did a 5K last Thanksgiving, but I want to run most of it instead of walking. Good luck!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I started week before last. Today I did week 3, day 1 :) I wasn't sure about running for 3 minutes but, I did it!