More proof that the scale lies! (pics)

Options

Replies

• BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    Such great motivation! You look awesome!
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    great job and thanks for sharing. i hate the scale!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I totally agree - throw the scale away and just work on getting stronger and healthier! Who cares what number is on that silly little machine? No one knows but you. Keep up the great work!
  • aktodd13
    aktodd13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I needed this motivation because I have only lost one single pound and have been ready to throw in the towel! I am going to take pictures to track my progress thanks to you!

You look great!! Awesome job!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look amazing in both, but maybe a bit better at 130! You're gorgeous!!!!
    (And almost exactly my size, so now I really want to go take a pic and hope my scale lies even a fraction as much as yours!) :flowerforyou:
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    This is really motivating for me because I have been stuck around 127-129 for quite a while now, so maybe I should stop paying any attention to the scale and start paying more attention to how I look and feel. Go by measurements, not pounds!
  • myfitnesstracker1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! The pictures show in an amazing way that the scale isn't the whole story and neither is a number.

I've been obsessing over my goal weight. Somehow I like the number under 130, as if 129 is perfect and 130 is suddenly humungous. The problem I find is that I found it really hard to maintain my goal of 128, and so rather than going into maintenance was forever in weight loss mode.

I've finally settled on a goal weight of 132 lbs that I think is most healthy for me, but sometimes I still struggle with being happy and motivated about it. Now that I see your pics, I realize how 132 can actually look better!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!

I had something similar happen to me. It took me a year to lose 10 lbs with MFP. Then I had a small surgery and gained all the weight back in 6 months. I worked out and walked a lot during these last 6 months. The weird thing is that I still fit into my new (10 lbs lighter) clothing! Now I am doing Insanity and have seen very little progress on the scale, but I am definitely noticing on the mirror and in my clothes.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, and you are NOT fat... My Lord... great job! :)

uh... no. A pound of muscles weight 1 pound, just like a pound of fat weighs 1 pound. Muscle is more dense and takes up less room than jiggly squishy fat.

Lauren, you look awesome! Love that you are not just think, you are strong!! Keep up the great work!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessing over my goal weight. Somehow I like the number under 130, as if 129 is perfect and 130 is suddenly humungous. The problem I find is that I found it really hard to maintain my goal of 128, and so rather than going into maintenance was forever in weight loss mode.

This is exactly what happened to me! I was somehow able to make it down to 125 for my pageant, but other than that I always pop back up to 130 or above. And my self esteem gets so much better when I'm below 130 - even 129, like you said - so that's why I'm hoping these pictures will help remind me that I don't need to be a certain weight to feel good about myself!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING!!...thanks for the reminder!! I def see my body changing and getting more defined but the scale isnt moving as much.....thanks!!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking at the scale, I just look at my new pair of skinny jeans size 33 waist! (starting at 38...really should have been a 40 or 42)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you look so great! thanks for the post.. really good advice...and proof.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options

This is exactly what happened to me! I was somehow able to make it down to 125 for my pageant, but other than that I always pop back up to 130 or above. And my self esteem gets so much better when I'm below 130 - even 129, like you said - so that's why I'm hoping these pictures will help remind me that I don't need to be a certain weight to feel good about myself!

I honestly feel better that other people have these feelings, and I am not crazy! I am actually putting my scale away for the next month so that I can focus on toning and building strength without looking at the scale and going "GASP! 130.2!!! What about all the hard work I put it!?!?!" I know it's not a healthy way of looking at things so I am trying to change it.

To get back to the topic, though, your photos are some serious inspiration! I am similar height/weight (5'5, 129), but I don't look nearly as fit! This is a good reminder to me why I've started actually putting in some time to workout hard... if I could look half as fit and toned as you, it would pretty much make my year :) Great work!
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    Great job :D
  • rileyscoutko
    rileyscoutko Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you look AWESOME where you're at now!!!! :)
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great and it is a great reminder to not rely on the scale--it's so deceptive! Your arms look great, I'd love for mine to look like that :) Keep up the great work!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    These types of success stories have always been my favorite. I hate people's dependance on scale numbers and love that you're showing why people should rely on them far less than they do. You look amazing and the difference in your arms is inspiring. Well done.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    These types of success stories have always been my favorite. I hate people's dependance on scale numbers and love that you're showing why people should rely on them far less than they do. You look amazing and the difference in your arms is inspiring. Well done.

Thank you! Yeah I decided to post it because these have always been my favorite kinds of success stories as well. When I first joined I was clueless about weight loss and thought the scale showed everything. Then I saw one of these posts and it changed my perspective! Sometimes I still need to be reminded, though :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!